Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Jeff Goldblum posted:

why did they name it safari in the first place
what is this racist loving internet browser

because safari, much like its namesake, is an equally expensive way to have an antiquated experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

du -hast posted:

because safari, much like its namesake, is an equally expensive way to have an superior experience

yes

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Maximum Leader posted:

it also works great, as opposed to your chinese knockoff web experience you delude yourself into thinking is great. its fine to be poor but don't pretend it makes you superior

Chinese knockoff experience brought to you by Foxconn, designed in cupertino

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
the worst browaser is whichever one i have to use to read ur posts :c00lbert:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Fabricated posted:

the worst browaser is whichever one i have to use to read ur posts :c00lbert:

it must be safari then, because much like my posts it is poo poo produced by retards

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

du -hast posted:

Chinese knockoff experience brought to you by Foxconn, designed in cupertino

using the best components and the best software is hardly a knockoff experience. i don't care what they pay the asians who watch the machines make it.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Maximum Leader posted:

using the best components and the best software is hardly a knockoff experience. i don't care what they pay the asians who watch the machines make it.

If by best you mean the most shiny and overpriced, focusing on an absolute lack of functionality in exchange for something looking gorgeous, then I think we are finally in agreement

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
i meant aesthetically and functionally superior. you seem to have misinterpreted my posts. i should be more clear when speaking to commoners like yourself in the future, and for that i apologise.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Maximum Leader posted:

i meant aesthetically and functionally superior. you seem to have misinterpreted my posts. i should be more clear when speaking to commoners like yourself.

ah yes, I see the paying ten times as much for an inferior product has produced remorse, expressing itself as arrogance in the above post.

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

du -hast posted:

ah yes, I see the paying ten times as much for an inferior product has produced remorse, expressing itself as arrogance in the above post.

you are clearly misinterpreting my pity as arrogance which speaks volumes about your inferiority complex.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pagancow posted:

I tried to issue after chrome was exploited by some web thing but it doesn't work with 1password so I couldn't manage accounts.

owned I guess?

firefox is the best browser, op

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Maximum Leader posted:

you are clearly misinterpreting my pity as arrogance which speaks volumes about your inferiority complex.

my apologies for the delay in this session of me raining wicked mad blows down on ur sternum, i had to switch from my ipad mini to my macbook pro, a solid $3000 investment that totally doesnt make me look like an arrogant prick when i sit at the starbucks in my scarf, pitying the poors.

you were saying?

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

firefox is the best browser, op

compared to safari, literally anything is the best browser. netscape 4 is better than safari. any version of chrome. knoqueror 1.0. internet explorer is actually better than safari, which is like comparing feces for quality, texture, and taste

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

internet explorer is awful and should be used by no one ever

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

safari: good for finger gestures, but if you have to work on a trackpad all day kill you are self

ie 11 : seems good, but not much support outside bare browsing. always asking you questions to turn off extensions because people don't read.

chrome: works well, good extensions, everything is going to google tho (including what you type into anything if you use the spell checker)

firefox: lol how can you make a browser this slow?

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

du -hast posted:

my apologies for the delay in this session of me raining wicked mad blows down on ur sternum, i had to switch from my ipad mini to my macbook pro, a solid $3000 investment that totally doesnt make me look like an arrogant prick when i sit at the starbucks in my scarf, pitying the poors.

you were saying?

pity the poor but don't help them, you can't cure stupid. it really bothers me when someone thinks that their poverty computer (or iPhone knockoff) is not only equal to a apple product but also better. it's not a coincidence that stupid people are poor, let me tell you. sorry about your poverty though, it obviously bothers you to see people doing real work on a real computer when you walk past a coffee shop you can't afford coffee from.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

lol insults on browsers turned to lf-style flame warz hella quick

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Maximum Leader posted:

pity the poor but don't help them, you can't cure stupid. it really bothers me when someone thinks that their poverty computer (or iPhone knockoff) is not only equal to a apple product but also better. it's not a coincidence that stupid people are poor, let me tell you. sorry about your poverty though, it obviously bothers you to see people doing real work on a real computer when you walk past a coffee shop you can't afford coffee from.

I have no idea what irony level this is, but if it's earnest then you need to get out of YOSPOS ASAP

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

cant tell if someone is hot to spend :10bux: or just genuinely contentious in yospos

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!
Chrome is actually really good

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Iron is so much better than every other browser in existence, I feel particularly frustrated tonight at how everything else is a pile of poo poo.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
firefox works fast and has no memory leaks on my machine.

it can also block ads without downloading them first unlike chrome (did chrome fix that?)

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
gently caress the poor

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
firefox is better than chrome

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

chrome is the best browser, miles ahead of anything else.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Congrats on upgrading to the worlds best and most fastest Web Browser, op. Internet Explorer 11 is clearly superior software

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Today Safari deleted all of my bookmarks so I switched back to CHrome

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Shaggar posted:

Congrats on upgrading to the worlds best and most fastest Web Browser, op. firefox v. whatever is clearly superior software

hey shaggar, i noticed you posted something wrong so i fixed it for you

just letting you know i got your back

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

now that safari has ublock it's the best by far

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

wesley snypes posted:

Firefox uses less memory than chrome. what does that say about chrome?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Soldier of Fortran posted:

now that safari has ublock it's the best by far

is ublock an adblock or is it like ghostery, or both?

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

it's an adblock with less overhead - https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Firefox uses less memory than chrome. what does that say about chrome?

i can see how that would be important, if you could only buy ram 256kb at a time

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

hey shaggar, i noticed you posted something wrong so i fixed it for you

just letting you know i got your back

sorry but firefox is trash for idiots.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Shaggar posted:

sorry but internet explorer is trash for idiots.
i agree completely

the new shagger was right

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Shaggar posted:

sorry but firefox is trash for idiots.

agreed

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i installed ublock and everything seems the same

works for me :effort:

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

wesley snypes posted:

took years to just adopt directwrite so text rendering was xp-cleartype style up until recently which looked like poo poo, finally implemented dw but fonts still look weird as gently caress compared to every other DW based app, horrible trackpad scrolling and resizing speed on OSX (and windows but that's normal)

chrome is basically the best bet to be compatible with the widest range of sites so I get that, but how text looks and UI responsiveness with a given input method matter to me when choosing a browser and chrome loving falls hard in both of those

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Jeff Goldblum posted:

why did they name it safari in the first place
what is this racist loving internet browser
it's because you're going on a surfin' safari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
chrome looks and feels just great on the worlds sexiest window manager GNOME 3