Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Replace the flag behind the podium with a blacklight version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Chris Christie posted:

Cool. Thanks!

Seeing you post fills me with emotion, because it means The Time is drawing near. :unsmigghh:

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

As a consumer of the finest brand of football known to man, SEC FOOTBAW, I can tell you that it's not REALLY a big event until you're blaring Sandstorm over loud speakers.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Mike Huckabee response to the State of the Union uses a new tactic: respond three hours before the speech.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Probably would have made more sense if he had just sent out a picture of the Laffer Curve.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Joementum posted:

The Mike Huckabee response to the State of the Union uses a new tactic: respond three hours before the speech.

Good ol Huckabee

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Fun fact I just learned on the way home from work: Should a catastrophe befall DC tonight, Sec of Transportation Anthony Foxx will be our new president, ensuring the remaining republicans can pick right back up where the old ones left off.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Press embargoed excerpts from the speech.

Pretty sure that will be the first time the word "hacker" has appeared in the State of the Union speech.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
"Middle Class Economics" is going to be the big thing, I guess.

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
It's about the economy. And stuff. Whoa! By the way, the word "hacker" appeared in his 2013 address

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mr. Wiggles posted:

"Middle Class Economics" is going to be the big thing, I guess.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Meanwhile....

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Tonight's Designated Survivor:

Your new lord and master in case of Ragnarok.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The actual designated survivor is Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx, by the way.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

So do they just hole the designated survivor up in Mount Weather, or is there another secret loication?

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Take 3 drinks when he mentions biggest job growth month since 1999

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I know it's not the thread for it but while we're killing time waiting for TSOTU speech, and speaking of Huckabee, he was on TDS last night and reminded me again why I loving hate him so much.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/jon-stewart-mike-huckabee-clash-over-culture-beyonce-20150120

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

The actual designated survivor is Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx, by the way.

That's an awfully fancy title for a dog. :v:

Is CSpan gonna be a thing after the SotU? Please oh please say yes :pray:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Chokes McGee posted:

That's an awfully fancy title for a dog. :v:

Is CSpan gonna be a thing after the SotU? Please oh please say yes :pray:

Last time I watched Cspan someone dropped the N word on Obama.

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
Another Obama excerpt was just released -

quote:

Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of balls and takes the place of the first ball. The formerly first ball becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff."

Time works the same way.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
So is President Obama going to go full disclosure on the extraterrestrial beings invading US airspace and abducting US citizens?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm waiting for the day someone calls CSPAN and recites this verbatim

quote:

"im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “irony” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “friend of the family balls” and “i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “ironic” style of fyad humor was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Of the two future Presidents watching LBJ's final State of the Union address, one seems concerned, the other bored.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jindal, of course, would prefer to focus on Muslim "no go zones".

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Your welcome

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Is that Columbia student bringing her mattress to the SOTU?

'cause that would be awesome.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

This should be fun.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Of the two future Presidents watching LBJ's final State of the Union address, one seems concerned, the other bored.

I think Ike was less unconcerned with policy at the time and more worn out by a broken heart.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

How are those bad things

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Joementum posted:

colonel_korn posted:

Your welcome

Between this and doubling down on the deadly Islam zones in England, Jindal seems to be ramping up his public persona as a complete idiot recently.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love how America has been brain washed so bad to regard free stuff as being bad.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
From the Instagram of the Definer of Civilization's Rules and Leader (possibly) of the Civilizing Forces just now:

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Venom Snake posted:

I love how America has been brain washed so bad to regard free stuff as being bad.

It's amazing that we've managed to dog-whistle the phrase "free stuff" so that the readers get that he's referencing lazy browns squandering ill-gotten government benefits.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

From the Instagram of the Definer of Civilization's Rules and Leader (possibly) of the Civilizing Forces just now:

This like the opposite of the Obama Biden Boehner pictures.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Venom Snake posted:

Well, its not that the "free stuff" is bad inasmuch as the free stuff has a middle-income trap and doesn't assist those struggling with double or triple national mean incomes.

Why won't Obama help the 80 to 95%?

Zeitgueist posted:

It's amazing that we've managed to dog-whistle the phrase "free stuff" so that the readers get that he's referencing lazy browns squandering ill-gotten government benefits.

I tried to discuss programs available to assist for home payments with my father. He values his 900 FICO score more than the hit he'd take through a HARP.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I really hope we get more Obama dad jokes tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVDvAob5a0E

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Joementum posted:

Reminds me of ObamaPerry.jpg

With bonus Claymation!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So the tea party responder Curt Clawson is a real winner

http://vimeo.com/101737613

This video is amazing

the freshman Republican lawmaker mistook State Department official Nisha Biswal and Commerce Department official Arun Kumar to be Indian government officials during a House Foreign Affairs committee yesterday.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does anyone actually know why Boinger looks like he's about to burst into tears in every picture he's in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Venom Snake posted:

Does anyone actually know why Boinger looks like he's about to burst into tears in every picture he's in?

His job is to run the House of Representatives.

• Locked thread