Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Enigma89 posted:

I guess you thought Iraq was a good idea?

No, you see, one can think Iraq was a horrible idea and think that the Pauls would be horrible Secretaries of State at the same time. The reason why one can think this is because there are more axes to a successful foreign policy than the decision of whether or not to invade Iraq.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
the cnn poll is in...

squiggly lines mean something. maybe.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Enigma89 posted:

Breibart is terrible but it's just a transcript in the link.

You are aware both Pauls 100% favor and support PMCs being used for places like Iraq, right?

You know, Blackwater and poo poo?

Thoughts?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Does Keystone XL actually have a supermajority or is Fox just making poo poo up? I mean I think I know the answer here, but I want to hear it from someone other than me.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Enigma89 posted:

BULLSHIT. How can you say this in the shadow of the NSA scandal?

All I care about is phone tapping and drones :downs:

oh and weed

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://vine.co/v/OIqaAQwlDYL

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Enigma89 posted:

Rand's relative isolationism would last exactly as long as it would take somebody to gently caress with profitable american corporate interests overseas, or about half an hour.

Ron was a goofy racist gently caress who should never have ascended to public office in this country, but by god the man could stick to his guns. Rand is nowhere near that kind of ideological puritan.

He is a lightweight, chronically-waffling, soon-to-be-one-term senator whose positions are whatever he thinks they need to be to navigate the tightrope between thoroughly incompatible constituencies. Soon he will not be a thing.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Does Keystone XL actually have a supermajority or is Fox just making poo poo up? I mean I think I know the answer here, but I want to hear it from someone other than me.

still 4 votes short as of a couple days ago

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Sir Tonk posted:

All I care about is phone tapping and drones :downs:

oh and weed

he can make it legal for businesses to tell me to gently caress off and blow me up thinking i'm shoplifting because i'm not white but I'LL BE DAMNED IF THE NSA SPIES ON ME :bahgawd:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

4 short, and losing support if some buzz is to be trusted.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqygEWx2gIo

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Enigma89 posted:

I was in Iraq, no it was not and I was at the protests against it before I was sent over (since I was still in the military). Also, Obama was not president.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

wait do PMC employees get VA benefits or no, because part of me thinks that's also another reason the Pauls would prefer them over servicemen.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Enigma89 posted:

Link?

e:
PM it to me if you can, I have to run but I will read it. :cheers:

Oh you.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

wait do PMC employees get VA benefits or no, because part of me thinks that's also another reason the Pauls would prefer them over servicemen.

Nope, that's up to the company to provide. But they make more in a month that your generic soldier makes in a year, so they'll be alright.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
CNN makes democracy look like a bad idea.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
E: a post so nice I made it twice.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

cnn makes 24 hour news look like the worst idea ever

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Democratic Governors map from Bill Clinton's 1985 State of the Union response.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Nope, company health plan, as the founders and god intended

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Miltank posted:

CNN makes democracy look like a bad idea.

Did you miss the GOP response or something?

It was like a self aware IVR system that never got around to the options I wanted and instead just kept saying how important my business was.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

wow the PMCs can provide that? the free market IS god after all!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Joementum posted:

Democratic Governors map from Bill Clinton's 1985 State of the Union response.

Today, for comparison:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Good god that map is depressing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The red states in the Clinton 1985 map were Democratic states :ssh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

wow the PMCs can provide that? the free market IS god after all!

Looks like if you're a sociopath with a decent amount of defensive training PMCs are apparently sweet rear end gigs. I mean, you spend some time killing some random civilians, piss on some corpses, maybe rape a co-worker, then you go home and chill out on your huge salary and golden benefits.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Today, for comparison:

What's yellow?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

What's yellow?

Bill Walker of Alaska ain't got no party.

Then the various island territories tend to have their own regional parties that are only semi-affiliated with their analogs in the States.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Today, for comparison:

PA would probably be red if not for people blaming the governor for what happened with PSU football

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

spoon0042 posted:

PA would probably be red if not for people blaming the governor for what happened with PSU football

people are the worst

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Sir Tonk posted:

But they make more in a month that your generic soldier makes in a year, so they'll be alright.
Why don't they outsource to some shady henchmen of former dictators or something? They'd be just as humane as Blackwater.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I have absolutely no memory of what Democratic responses to Republican state of the union addresses were like. Are they this awkward, or not?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

Why don't they outsource to some shady henchmen of former dictators or something? They'd be just as humane as Blackwater.

Optics, well until Fallujah.

And Blackwater might as well have been that anyway.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
In which Ben Carson and Bernie Sanders agree.

WOLF: Bernie Sanders, are you running for president?

SANDERS: “I’m giving it thought.”

WOLF: Ben Carson, are you running?

CARSON: “Ditto what he said”

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
"What are you even talking about?!"

-Lady in a tri-box on fox news

:h:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:siren: The Louie Gohmert Response :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2fHN-IAkZY

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

They do. That's where KBR and a lot of the others get their mercenaries from.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Because Blackwater's got Burson-Marsteller and arms dealers, whereas those henchmen only have Burson-Marsteller.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The GOP also did a Spanish language version of the response which had the same text as Ernst's response, minus the biographical bits, plus one teeeeeeeeeeeensy addition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcoVsGUzYI8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmNM0oj79t8

I totally forgot about the "oh my god" while Jindal was walking up. He was dead in the water before he even got to the camera.

• Locked thread