Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

Jindal, of course, would prefer to focus on Muslim "no go zones".

*you're
Everybody in America is revealing their public school education has failed them as they constantly correct the governor who wishes to be more than just a face in somebody's bed pan in New Orleans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
I don't really care about SOTU I just want the GOP responses and if some shouts at him during his speech.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Venom Snake posted:

Does anyone actually know why Boinger looks like he's about to burst into tears in every picture he's in?

:boehner:

In his defense, I'd be sad too if I had to sit through the entire SotU speech without drinking.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So the tea party responder Curt Clawson is a real winner

http://vimeo.com/101737613

This video is amazing

the freshman Republican lawmaker mistook State Department official Nisha Biswal and Commerce Department official Arun Kumar to be Indian government officials during a House Foreign Affairs committee yesterday.

it was actually five months ago

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
When did Bobby Jindal become such a nasty poo poo? I thought he was the "let's not be the 'stupid party'" guy -- and judging from his SOTU response from a couple years ago, sort of an "aw shucks" goober. He seems like one of those people who read Pamela Gellar now. (I base that on the "no-go zone" bullshit.)

You know, it's funny, I was trying to think of someone to compare him to, to contrast between a well-intentioned but misled proponent of conservative philosophy and an anti-liberal maniac like Gingrich or Allen West, and I couldn't think of one. The closest I got was thinking, "it's like the difference between the public perception of someone like Reagan or Huckabee and the actuality of someone like Reagan or Huckabee," so I guess I've answered my own initial question. What a garbage dump of a political party.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I am looking forward to the 2063 State of the Union where president FangWeed_420 will do a live let's play of sonic the hedgehog 2 in lieu of a SOTU.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If you have time to kill

Leader of Anti-Gay hate group Family Research Council, Tony Perkins, has posted his response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRLAK1MSLKQ

Looootssss of gay marriage, abortion and religious liberty

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:ohdear:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Of the two future Presidents watching LBJ's final State of the Union address, one seems concerned, the other bored.

So dashing, look at him back there. His brow is literally furrowed with nonpartisan concern for the country's future.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Obama's socks.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Get your bingo cards ready Gents

http://instagram.com/p/yGEowGxWzi/

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

If you have time to kill

Leader of Anti-Gay hate group Family Research Council, Tony Perkins, has posted his response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRLAK1MSLKQ

Looootssss of gay marriage, abortion and religious liberty

I like responses that go up before the actual speech

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bob James posted:

His job is to run the House of Representatives.

good point

I'm the 20 year old pair of sneakers.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Seriously though. Biden should wear seersucker to one of these.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Chair of the African American Studies Department at Howard University, Professor Rand Paul will quote Dr. Martin Luther King and Representative John Lewis in his response tonight.

quote:

“At home, much of nation still suffers. Dr. Martin Luther King spoke of two Americas. He described them as ‘two starkly different American experiences that exist side by side.’

“In one America people experienced ‘the opportunity of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in all its dimensions.’ In the other America people experienced a ‘daily ugliness’ that dashes hope and leaves only ‘the fatigue of despair.’

“There is a tension that has become visible in the protests in every major American city. As Congressman John Lewis put it: ‘There is a growing discontent in this country.’

“I think peace will come when those of us who have enjoyed the American Dream become aware of those who are missing out on the American Dream. The future of our country will be secure when we break down the wall that separates us from ‘the other America.'”

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't understand how anybody in America.... hell, in the world.... can not think Michelle Obama is the best :allears:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Joementum posted:

Seriously though. Biden should wear seersucker to one of these.

I'd pay like a nickel for that.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

#poligoon on SynIRC is open for business tonight, 2 drink minimum.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

forbidden lesbian posted:

I like responses that go up before the actual speech

But they leak the actual speech, so technically they're not?! :confused:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I don't understand how anybody in America.... hell, in the world.... can not think Michelle Obama is the best :allears:

Don't you mean MOOCHELLe

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I'd be pretty mad if she rolled her eyes at me, and because I know I'd have earned her eye rolling I despise her for thinking she is better than me I refuse to ever meet her!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

would

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Wherein Steve King is a racist rear end in a top hat

Check out @SteveKingIA's Tweet: https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA/status/557673638066135045?s=09

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what stream's everyone watching?

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Jerusalem posted:

racism

i'm not racist but i am not attracted to black women x 10000000

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Rygar201 posted:

Check out @SteveKingIA's Tweet: https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA/status/557673638066135045?s=09

a deportable

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

public class latino implements IDeportable

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rygar201 posted:

technically everyone in the United States is a deportable.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I know he won't, but I would LOVE it if Trollbama wore that tan suit. Maybe a fright wig, too.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

:eng101: taupe

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Perkins has some killer guests

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Abel Wingnut posted:

what stream's everyone watching?

C-Span. The blandness of the talking heads mixed with the insanity of the callers is great.

Caller: "I don't get why the leader of the free world needs a speech writer!"
Head: "Well.. the president is kind of busy, and a big speech takes a lot of work..."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ErIog posted:

C-Span. The blandness of the talking heads mixed with the insanity of the callers is great.

Caller: "I don't get why the leader of the free world needs a speech writer!"
Head: "Well.. the president is kind of busy, and a big speech takes a lot of work..."

Caller: Hey how come nobody done shot that uppity President yet anyway?
Head: Well thank you for your question, onto the next call :geno:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Perkins has some killer guests

Throw them into the potomac.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
C-SPAN stream now available: http://www.c-span.org/video/?323790-1/state-union-address-preview&live

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Why does Obama have a Pro Football Hall of Fame sports jacket? :confused:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I am at poker with a bunch of literally open racist assholes and I can't watch C-Span :smith:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ThirdPartyView posted:

But they leak the actual speech, so technically they're not?! :confused:

you know what i mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss (h/t serewit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwuEnyV1Cb0

• Locked thread