Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Hot Dog Day #31 posted:

I love LOVE the fact that an employer who deigns to pay her employees slightly more than the absolute minimum of what you are legally required to pay your employees gets an invite to this, meanwhile labor activists in Seattle and other areas are actually fighting and succeeding in bringing $15 minimum wages to their areas through the 15Now campaign. But no, that's going just a smidgen too far for Democrats and besides, those are being organized by actual progressives, actual labor activists, and actual leftists who want to help workers get paid what they are worth.

Is there enough data available on the cities and States that did raise the minwage showing the effect on job numbers and prices? I have a feeling the difference is negligible but all we ever hear is how raising the minwage will lead to massive layoffs and higher prices.

The GOP rebuttal to this should be real easy. All they do is go all My Cousin Vinny on Obama and say "everything that that guy just said is bullshit!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I know it's not the thread for it but while we're killing time waiting for TSOTU speech, and speaking of Huckabee, he was on TDS last night and reminded me again why I loving hate him so much.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/jon-stewart-mike-huckabee-clash-over-culture-beyonce-20150120

• Locked thread