Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Caros posted:

Non-Rectal (Seriously what the gently caress) force feeding isn't torture. We force feed inmates in US prisons when they go on hunger strike because not doing so leaves us with two options, Hope the prisoner gives up before he starves to death, or acquiesce to their demands. While I actually agree that Guantanamo detainee demands of "Let us go we didn't loving do anything before we were sold to the US as terrorists' are pretty reasonable, lets not redefine a medical procedure as torture.

Why isn't letting them starve to death an option? It's Gitmo, they aren't exactly in a place of compassion and caring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Caros posted:

The same reason we don't stand by and idly watch prisoners commit suicide I suppose.

Riker's Island was only recently in the news for doing exactly this (again). It can and does happen in the lovely prison system.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

spoon0042 posted:

PA would probably be red if not for people blaming the governor for what happened with PSU football

Doesn't matter, the NCAA's worthless and has pretty much walked back everything at this point, and a lot of people hated Corbett because he was a shithead who won running against a Democrat that most of Western PA loving loathed because of his stupid poo poo like "hey Allegheny should get to tax Butler/Washington residents who work in Pittsburgh as if they lived in the city" idiocy.

• Locked thread