Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Can this Joni Ernst person speak competently or is she going to provide yet another embarrassing GOP response?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Obama is going to call for the repeal of Citizens United tonight in the State of the Union and will announce a new executive order that requires any company with a federal contract to disclose its political contributions to PACs, Candidates, 501(c)(4)s, ballot measures, Trade Associations, and 527 groups.

He will also urge the SEC to adopt a rule this year requiring publicly traded companies to disclose their corporate political contributions (but technically can't make them do anything because the SEC is an independent agency).

I'd be fine with this kind of stuff as long as we're going to play fair and subject unions to every rule, regulation, limitation etc. related to political contributions by corporations, businesses, trade groups, etc. What is Obama's stance on that???

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

Here's her victory speech, you be the judge.

Meh. Can string sentences together, but kind of grating. Just a bunch of talking point word salad. No different than what will be delivered by the POTUS though I suppose.

I don't know why I hate myself so much, but I'll end up watching both.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Unions are already subject to LM-2 disclosure which is significantly more stringent than the rules Obama is proposing for corporations and much much more stringent than "nothing" which is what corporations have to disclose when they use treasury funds. Here is a quick side by side comparison.

http://www.politicalaccountability.net/index.php?ht=a/GetDocumentAction/i/8470

Cool. Thanks!

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

As a consumer of the finest brand of football known to man, SEC FOOTBAW, I can tell you that it's not REALLY a big event until you're blaring Sandstorm over loud speakers.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is Newt Gingrich still on CNN? Trying to decide between that and FOX.

I can't get enough of his smug face/grin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This is terrible.

Why GOP. Why do you keep doing this????

• Locked thread