Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweet CupnCakes
Feb 13, 2007

Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives.
So we are going to be moving out of our house soon and going on a new adventure. The realtor came into the house to look around and give us an idea of how much she thought we could get for it and let us know that she was going to be sending someone to 'stage' our furniture and stuff so it was more inviting to people coming to look at the house. She went into the office and almost had a heart attack when she saw Ditty. She said 'you can't have that in here when I'm showing the house, people will run away and never come back'. So no I have to figure out where to hide my baby while we are showing the house. Where the hell do you hide a 12 ft burmese python? The cage looks enough like furniture we may just have to cover it with a nice table cloth and put some flowers on it or something. That's what I get for owning a giant snake.

Obligatory recent pics of my baby.

Hanging in the conference room.

Modeling with my younger cousin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweet CupnCakes
Feb 13, 2007

Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives.

Silver Nitrate posted:

FUCKKKKKKKKKK

This is Bruce. He is a Green Anaconda. In 30 days it will be illegal for him to cross state lines, ostensibly to protect him from becoming an invasive species. Green Anacondas require very high, consistent temperatures and humidity to survive in the wild. There is only one part of one state where they could conceivably establish themselves as an invasive species, the Florida Everglades. After decades of them being in the pet trade this has completely failed to happen.

Even so, today it was announced that the Lacey Act is being used to restrict import, export, and interstate trade of this species, as well as several others, including the Reticulated Python. This will damage the livelihoods of many people I know. This policy is not based on sound science, nor will it have much if any effect on the Everglades, as Green Anacondas are already illegal in Florida. This hurts the reptile community as a whole. We need to stand together and fight back against this bad regulation.

Also, gently caress the police

Welcome to my world Silver. I have been dealing with this bullshit for a couple years now. My beautiful burm Ditty will cause me to break the law if I decide to move out of state. Ditty has been my baby since she has been out of the egg. She goes all kinds of places with me and teaches people that snakes aren't horrible monsters. I love my girl and someone will have to pry her from my cold dead hands if they want to take her away.

Sweet CupnCakes
Feb 13, 2007

Mimetastic posted:

This is Dorian, a Mexican Black Kingsnake. He's my first snake (my partner has had snakes in the past) and is now 3(-4 ish) months old. :3: I can't get enough of him. He's really relaxed, always eats well, and is growing like crazy.

Older photo - sorry about poor quality/lovely Instagram filters:

And a slightly more recent one. I love his stupid fat head. :allears:

Pretty! I've always wanted one. I almost got one at a show a year or so ago but ended up with a different snake. I heard the Mexican Black Kingsnakes can be kind of wild and bitey, even for a kingsnake. Nice to hear you love yours. Maybe I will pick one up after all.