Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Why are there spiders and poo poo in this thread? Those ain't chordata y'all, let alone herps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just think of it as running an Aztec cricket enclosure. If I remember right they got their sacrificial participants blasted and laid the night before.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Geckos are so boss how could you feed them to what are probably dumb and boring snakes?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've eaten gator and it's the most boring meat I've ever had. Yeah good bang for your buck if it's free but it's basically chicken without crispy skin.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hood Ornament posted:

Eat it like a man and leave the skin on.

I've eaten raw chicken liver, live octopus and any other # of probably poor decisions, but that doesn't sound like a good idea.

I know, right? Especially since squid aren't smart and taste almost exactly the same. Thanks Korea.
VVVV

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 29, 2015

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Get a frog. I had a Whites Tree Frog about that age and it was a great pet for a kid.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How many of us didn't run around outside looking for bugs at that age? Did a five year old poo poo in your cheerios this morning?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:munch:

Meltdown time.

I was serous about that Whites Tree Frog, Jekub. 5 is probably too young but they're super low maintenance, fun to watch hunt, they can change color and they're pretty long lived. I loved mine and he lived about 12 years. He was much easier to handle than most other herps I've seen, too.

Whatever, dude. It must be a hallucination because there's no way to teach a kid not to squeeze the frog until it stops moving.
VVV

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 4, 2015

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
To try and get things back on track I've always wanted a Beardy. Someone post beardy pics. I had a co-worker in high school who'd come in with one chilling out on her shoulder. They seem so chill and neat. :allears:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jekub posted:

As the keeper of two planted aquariums I spend most of my life trying to reduce my snail population, doing the opposite would be weird.

Amen, bredda. The only good snail is an assassin snail.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ApathyGirl posted:

Here's Luna, during last week's weigh-in.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I love the look on their faces. They look so cocksure. :swoon:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Snakes clearly feel affection. For proof I'd like to refer you to the non-fiction research masterpiece: Wizard and Glass.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

The two we did educational poo poo with at the zoo were pretty good. The one on display would literally strike at every single white person who walked past.

Yet another example of how the truly persecuted people are white male landowners.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We had a gecko when I was a kid and he was a complete psycho. He would literally launch himself at people and was escape crazed. I was utterly terrified of him.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Silver Nitrate posted:

I would say no because if a feeder bug eats the plant then the gecko eats it, that could be bad.

I sold some snakes, so I bought a lizard:

African fire skink, I'm going to try to make a bioactive setup with live plants and little bugs that eat poop.

Holy gently caress that's pretty. Is he a speed demon or a does he hardly move?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If I ever got a snake it would be called Ropey Dope.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When I was a teen I always wanted a beardy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

So I would say to you that even if you're not at a good place in your life to get one right now, don't hesitate to get one when the situation does become right.

So if my wife divorces me, got it. :v: