Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Y'all have listed some Goemon-centric movies, but I need to know the Jigen-centric and, if they exist, Zenigata-centric ones.

The best episode of Lupin is the one where Zenigata steals his ancestor's trademark coin and then feels so guilty that he becomes a master criminal so that he can break in to replace it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

It sure was weird and out-of-character that Zenigata sleeps with Fujiko in A Woman Called Fujiko Mine. Also, I think I'm in the minority of liking the series early on (even accounting for the gross rape sequence nvm that was Jigen's Gravestone) and thinking it went to poo poo in the last few episodes when they started doing a more serialized story. It was close to nonsensical and then they just threw a bunch of psychedelic Alice-in-Wonderland imagery in there to obfuscate that.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

The dubs for Lupin will always be my preference, really. Not only do I prefer the VA, but I feel that the loose translation and improvisation is more suited to preserving the feel of a series like Lupin. I was real glad to hear that Part 4 is getting an English dub.

• Locked thread