Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

When is this actually starting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Autumn, unless you live in Italy maybe.

The Italian Lupin dub is the best Lupin dub no exaggeration.

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

Astro Nut posted:

I think a lot of people are liking the artstyle. Its basically the 70's style but with modern production values, as opposed to the somewhat bulkier proportions favoured by the TV specials, but still a great deal more colourful and... I wanna say less 'sketchy' than the Fujiko anime? Not in the sense of its content but more the aesthetic, with the stencil like lines everywhere.

The way it combines old and new school production values is pleasing to me.

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

Mikl posted:

They've also released the new OP for the italian dub. It's super bad.

:agreed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at2j1BWrRrM

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

This is the better Lady Oscar theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQoKg71ahvk

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

im hoping its made for italian so it doesn't look too awkward...

That or the Italians haven't forgotten how to make kickin' rad dubs.

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

The dub sounded weird (that's not the Italian Lupin I remember!) but yeah that first episode was fun as heck.

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

I like how there is an episode that is basically Lupin vs Daniel Craig's James Bond.

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

FortMax posted:

It was paid for by Italy, so not really.

That's how much Italy loves Lupin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

Mikl posted:

As the thread's resident italian, I can answer that!

Nostalgia, mostly. Anime have a very long history of being dubbed in Italian (name an obscure anime from the 60s, 70s or 80s, any of them; chances are it has an Italian dub, especially if you're talking about mecha series), and people who are 30, 40, even 50 years old today have very fond memories of growing up watching Lupin being chased by Zenigata. It helps that Lupin is actually a very good series so the nostalgia is justified, instead of being "back in my day anime were actually good! :bahgawd:"

Basically that - Lupin series were in constant rotation on Italian TV throughout the 80s and 90s, making for at least two generations of Lupin fans. It also helps that Lupin is as awesome as old timey anime gets.

• Locked thread