Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Since I live in Italy, I'll be nice and provide subtitles. (Provided I can find the videos to work on, anyway.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Heads up: a "preview" of the new season (some cuts, dubbed live by the italian voice actors) was shown last Saturday at a comic festival in Italy.

The new season will premiere on Saturday, August 29th at around 22.00 - 23.00 hours italian time on the Italia 1 channel, and it will air every Saturday at that time afterwards.

(Italia 1 is a public access tv channel, I don't think they're showing it anywhere outside Italy but it's extremely easy to find somewhere on the internet to watch it live.)

They've also released the new OP for the italian dub. It's super bad.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Astro Nut posted:

One of my Italian friends ranted slightly about this the other day. On the one hand, sad to see what they're getting, on the other, they got to show me a previous opening the series had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL8I-c1IujM

Its so... 80s adventure, I love it.

Maybe it's nostalgia talking, but almost all Italian anime openings until the end of the '90s were Really loving Good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Crm94eMuPE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_w3HLx8ZGE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxo3soclk_A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9peMntoSW4

etc.

Professor Irony posted:

Surprised that the new op seems to be following the trend for just splicing together footage from the show - surely they'd have been offered a proper opening animation for their broadcast?

Never underestimate the power of "we've paid lots of money for this famous rapper to sing the opening, so we need the footage to match the lyrics".

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Final (possibly) schedule change: episode one will air THIS SUNDAY (August 30th) at 21.25 Italian time on the Italia 1 channel. Like I said before, streams are laughably easy to find.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

:siren: Tonight's the night :siren:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Titles and blurbs of the first four episodes airing tonight, spoilered in case you don't want to read them.

Ep.1 - Lupin III's Wedding
Lupin is in San Marino to marry Rebecca, heiress to an important family in the country. A local tradition means that the wedding must be held in the presence of the captain-regents and especially of the precious royal crown. Guarding this precious crown is Zenigata, helped by the local police, who received Lupin's usual taunting message, but this time it seems Lupin is not involved.

Ep.2 - The Fake Fantasista
Mario Brozzi, a footballer for a San Marino team, is blackmailed by the mafioso Riccardo Mondini with clinical records according to which the footballer used doping. Helped by Fujiko, Brozzi gets in touch with Lupin and asks him to steal the clinical records from Mondini, or else he won't be able to play in the league's final game.

Ep.3 - 0.2% Chance of Survival
After the discovery of a fragment of Marie Antoniette's necklace, Lupin's gang is kept under surveillance by MI6 to recover the ancient jewel. Agent Nix is a difficult adversary for Jigen and Lupin, but the arrival in the city of the Prince of England, who is visiting Rebecca, will overturn the situation.

Ep.4 - Sharpshooter
Jigen visits a hospital to have a toothache healed, and finds out that in the city he's visiting the population is kept under the thumb by a certain Eric's gang of weapons traffickers, who is extorting protection money from them. Many people want Eric dead, but maybe the only person able to bring an end to him and his gang is Jigen.

Super pumped for tonight, btw :dance:

Mikl fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 30, 2015

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Davincie posted:

is this going to be in italian?

Yep, world premiere in Italy. The series will air in Japan in October or something (fall 2015 season).

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Crain posted:

Why? What's wrong with Italupin?

The dub will probably be fine, but the OP is terrible and bad and should never be talked about except in terms of "oh wow, I can't believe how bad that OP is." Because it's bad.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

:siren: five minutes' warning :siren:

Come watch Bad Hulk (Eric Bana) while we wait.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

aers posted:

There's an Italian stream?

Not officially, but should be super easy to find through google. Channel name is Italia Uno.

Speaking of which, SHOWTIME!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Welp, first episode owned :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Jigen episode owned so hard guys. SO HARD. I'm not even kidding right now.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Zenigata is literally the best cop in the world, Lupin is simply better than him.

Also I really like that they're basically Best Enemies: they really like each other, too bad they're on opposite sides :shobon: It gets to the point that sometimes Lupin gives him a call (or sends him a message, or drops a hint) that basically amounts to "Hey dude, might want to check out this thing, it might interest you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Any idea why Lupin is apparently so wildly popular in Italy?

As the thread's resident italian, I can answer that!

Nostalgia, mostly. Anime have a very long history of being dubbed in Italian (name an obscure anime from the 60s, 70s or 80s, any of them; chances are it has an Italian dub, especially if you're talking about mecha series), and people who are 30, 40, even 50 years old today have very fond memories of growing up watching Lupin being chased by Zenigata. It helps that Lupin is actually a very good series so the nostalgia is justified, instead of being "back in my day anime were actually good! :bahgawd:"

• Locked thread