Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The Woman Called Fujiko Mine sort of works as a fun adventure series with tits, but really shines if you see each episode as Fujiko occupying a different role women have played in popular fiction, and then making it her own. Sayo Yamamoto is the best and we're really overdue for another full series by her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dr_Amazing posted:

Am I alone in hating that Fujiko series with all the owls? I really wanted to like it but the pacing was just sooo slooow and it made less sense the longer it went on.

I love that you call Fujiko slow when the director's other series, Michiko to Hatchin, is so slow that pretty much everyone who's seen it is like "yea that rules but I never finished it". I think it really helped Fujiko that it was episodic for the most part, you get a great episode with each of the characters and it can take it's time to tell the overall story.

But yea, I mentioned it earlier in the thread but The Woman Called Fujiko Mine is a little disjointed as an adventure series, but really shines if you take it as Fujiko occupying different roles women have in stories and making it her own. Maybe that kind of meta thing isn't what you're looking for in a Lupin series, but I think it's so special and refreshing that it's worth being a little weird. It also helps that it really does understand a lot of what makes Lupin tick, even as it goes on to do its own thing.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Serious Frolicking posted:

Fujiko Mine is awesome, but I really wouldn't suggest it for someone just getting into Lupin.

It was the second Lupin I watched after Cagliostro and I loved it, so much.

Give it a shot, and if you aren't digging it you can always come back to it later.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Please stop being weird about bare breasts in anime.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't....think I was being weird?

You were okay

• Locked thread