Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fereydun posted:

even in the mine fujiko series he's still ultimately a punchline so this series' take on him being hypercompetent and the only dude who can actually keep up w lupin who isn't a piece of poo poo is fantastic
like normally it's that he can keep up but he's a joke or seen as a joke or even worse he's totally out of his league/literally a joke

it's great!!

Hey, Nyx isn't a complete piece of poo poo. When his rat superpowers aren't causing him to hulk out or whatever the gently caress that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fiend Computer posted:

They're like batman and the joker but actually fun and interesting instead of being really overdone.

It also helps that Lupin is a fun dude with a semi-functional moral compass rather than, y'know, an insane mass murderer, so we're not rooting for Zenigata to just snap, betray his principles, and cap him in the head after he escapes prison and returns to a life of crime for the eleventy-billionth time.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Fluffy gay dog is a formidable foe indeed.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

In Training posted:

This episode about assassinating a West African dictator is ridiculous

Welcome to the average Goemon episode.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fereydun posted:

rebecca reminds me of becky from stolen lupin a lot mostly b/c of the name & general concept of the connection to lupin
so shes cool since that special is one of the decent ones

her theme isn't as cool as 'a rose tattoo' though

also this episode was good too, too bad about the last 2 before it..
lotta clunkers in this second half unfortunately

C'mon, the car episode was pretty cute.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Just finished the Lupin III Part IV series.

A good series, but one plot hole I noticed: da Vinci specifically destroyed Nix's supersonic abilities in the "Dream of Italy" part 2 episode, but he's shown to have it again in "World Dissection" part one. Maybe it's because Nix is in his own Inception-esque dream, but it just seems like an oversight by the writers to me.

Otherwise, good stuff. I'll look for an OVA or something for my next Lupin fix. Arrivederci for now, Lupin!

I don't know if he destroyed it - it felt more like a weird Vulcan Nerve Pinch-style incapacitating move that'd hurt like gently caress, but be recoverable from.

Besides, he only did it to one ear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

:can:

well, for starters there is a woman called fujiko mine and jigen daisuke's gravestone. those are the other two most recent entries, and they are both very good.

Slight warning that JDG brings the weird poo poo from TWCFM without the underlying themes and message. TWCFM has stuff to say, whereas JDG is more just gore and titties for the hell of it. Stylish gore and titties, but yeah.

• Locked thread