Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Serious Frolicking posted:

Looks kinda like they are giving Lupin a long-term love interest other than Fujiko, though I kind of doubt the marriage scene is as it appears.

Since it looks like the series is set in Italy (possibly trying to do the movie standard of finding some ancient, culturally specific artefact, but spread the search some more), she's probably a local that Lupin takes interest in because of her connection to whatever he's after. Wedding is almost certainly gonna be a scheme followed by a dramatic and/or comedic escape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Can I say I really like the artstyle of the new series? I love the thick linework, and in places it almost reminds me of the Fujiko/Gravestone linework, especially in Fujiko's hair.

I think a lot of people are liking the artstyle. Its basically the 70's style but with modern production values, as opposed to the somewhat bulkier proportions favoured by the TV specials, but still a great deal more colourful and... I wanna say less 'sketchy' than the Fujiko anime? Not in the sense of its content but more the aesthetic, with the stencil like lines everywhere.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Mikl posted:

Heads up: a "preview" of the new season (some cuts, dubbed live by the italian voice actors) was shown last Saturday at a comic festival in Italy.

The new season will premiere on Saturday, August 29th at around 22.00 - 23.00 hours italian time on the Italia 1 channel, and it will air every Saturday at that time afterwards.

(Italia 1 is a public access tv channel, I don't think they're showing it anywhere outside Italy but it's extremely easy to find somewhere on the internet to watch it live.)

They've also released the new OP for the italian dub. It's super bad.

One of my Italian friends ranted slightly about this the other day. On the one hand, sad to see what they're getting, on the other, they got to show me a previous opening the series had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL8I-c1IujM

Its so... 80s adventure, I love it.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

I'd imagine so. The continent in general actually does its own dubs for shows, rather than the UK's practice of 'import whatever the Americans got'. And given how big Lupin is in Italy, there'd be hell to pay if there wasn't a local cast (and they're already in enough trouble as it is with that rap).

• Locked thread