Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's pretty good, barring the weird naked, greased up Fujiko getting menaced by a robot with a drill penis bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jigen's Gravestone also ties in directly with Secret of Mamo which is like my second favourite Lupin III thing ever. Maybe equal second with 'The Woman Called Fujiko Mine'.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Castle of Cagliostro, Secret of Mamo, pretty much any of the TV series. Outside of that all the movies and specials just blend into one mire of bleh for me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dr_Amazing posted:

Am I alone in hating that Fujiko series with all the owls? I really wanted to like it but the pacing was just sooo slooow and it made less sense the longer it went on.

Pretty much, it was the best Lupin thing since the 80's.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only thing I didn't really like about Fujiko Mine was the bad guy being the shoujo looking dude with a gay-crush on Zenigata.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol I totally forgot he was called Oscar.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Do it, it's good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The bluray set is less than $40 on Amazon, I've no idea if it's steaming anywhere.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not really as good as since Cagliostro is in a class of it's own but Secret of Mamo is Lupin at its funky, psychedelic, surreal 70's best.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was a reference the Secret of Mamo movie, placing Jigen's Gravstone as a prequel to it. I guess Koike is a fan?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's no way that isn't part of a caper.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Srice posted:

I hope we get some solid Zenigata eps, poor guy always gets shafted in the specials.

Well he got to give some of the shaft in Fujiko Mine too. or rather 'into'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Autumn, unless you live in Italy maybe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All the actual fansubbers are busy working on the uncensored version of Valkyrie Drive, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Almost entirely self contained stories, I think the only series that had anything like an overarching storyline is The Woman Called Fujiko Mine from a couple of years ago.

• Locked thread