Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib
Got my tickets to see them in Vancouver in December. It will be the third time I will be seeing them live. They always put on a great show with amazing spectacle.
As for the new album, I have been giving it a listen to and yea, the music sounds good but Jesus do the lyrics suck. I kind of wish Matt was more unintelligible in his pronunciations just so I could ignore what he was singing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib
In getting ready for tonight's concert I have been listening to all the Muse stuff newest to oldest and I gotta say that Save Me is probably the best song on 2nd Law and probably one of their best song in general.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib
I went to the show last night. It was my third time seeing Muse and I got to say, despite it being an excellent spectacle with amazing visuals and some tight work with the music and sound, it was probably not my favourite time seeing Muse, and most of that comes down to the set list. For one thing, they played 9 out of the 12 songs from Drones, including playing Drones twice. I understand a band wants to promote their new stuff but when 4 out of the first five songs are from the new album, and of the songs that they played is 10 minutes long, and, well to put it kindly the new songs kind of suck, then it just becomes a bit meh. I know a lot of people probably like Muse for the newer stuff, and songs like Resistance and Madness got huge applauses from the crowd, but they only played one song from Origin of Symmetry (Bliss) and one song from Absolution (Our Time is Running Out) and the whole thing just comes across wildly uneven.
I understand that they can't play all the older stuff, but they could have easily cut away 3 or so songs from Drones to make way for Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, New Born, Plug in Babe, Apocalypse Please or anything else like that. Again, I know the whole stage show pretty much revolves around the new stuff, but the new stuff is pretty meh.

Anyway, here are some pics I took of the night.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib
Yea, after seeing that some shows got the set list below I feel like I got a bit ripped off

quote:

Setlist:

[Drill Sergeant]
Psycho
Supermassive Black Hole
Micro Cuts (yes)
The Handler
Dead Inside

Uno (???!!?!?!?!)
Interlude
Hysteria w/ Back in Black riff and Munich Jam
Madness (fuuuuuuuuck)
Citizen Erased (!!!!!!!)
Apocalypse Please
Plug In Baby
Mercy
Time Is Running Out
Reapers
Stockholm Syndrome w/ some RATM ripoff riff I didn't recognise
Encore:
[JFK]
Uprising w/ extended outro
Starlight
Knights of Cydonia

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib

the truth posted:

What show got SS, Hysteria, PIB, and CE? I don't think that has happened on this tour.

Edit: that is not a set list from this arena tour. It is out of order and doesn't have Globalist or Revolt, which seem like staples of the set list.

I bought tickets because they were playing many shows with set lists like the one above, but when the tour started the set list completely went to poo poo.

Pulled it from this post. Guess it's just a European setlist thing.

cgfreak posted:

Oh man I saw Muse yesterday at Werchter and the new songs loving slay, Reapers was absolutely insane. It helps that they didn't play any of the crap, just the first five songs. Also at one point some dude invaded the stage and started breakdancing for a good 30 seconds before he got dragged off by security, that was pretty funny.

Setlist:

[Drill Sergeant]
Psycho
Supermassive Black Hole
Micro Cuts (yes)
The Handler
Dead Inside
Uno (???!!?!?!?!)
Interlude
Hysteria w/ Back in Black riff and Munich Jam
Madness (fuuuuuuuuck)
Citizen Erased (!!!!!!!)
Apocalypse Please
Plug In Baby
Mercy
Time Is Running Out
Reapers
Stockholm Syndrome w/ some RATM ripoff riff I didn't recognise
Encore:
[JFK]
Uprising w/ extended outro
Starlight
Knights of Cydonia

Replace Madness with Map of the Problematique and Starlight with New Born and you have a pretty ideal Muse set if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib

massive spider posted:

Also radiohead are another obvious ripoff point for muse but they too probably could have done a sick rear end track about drone warfare.

Interestingly enough both Radiohead and Muse have used 1984 as a point of reference for at least one of their songs (Radiohead's 2+2=5 and Muse's United States of Eurasia). Yorke is a much better lyricist than Bellamy will ever be though.

• Locked thread