Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Man the funniest thing about growing up Mormon in retrospect was the stupid youth events they made us go to, some of the poo poo that super sheltered Mormon kids said was loving horrifying and hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I grew up in Utah, which if you haven't been there lately, is basically a Mormon theocracy pretending to be an American state. There was this girl in my classes, not going to give her name, but she was a real cutie. Quite frankly, I was more than a little infatuated with her. Well, I wasn't the only one to feel that way because she dropped out at the age of 13 to get married to a guy who worked at city hall. He was 44 years old.

gently caress Utah.

(edit) and gently caress the Mormon church.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Network Pesci posted:

I grew up in Utah, which if you haven't been there lately, is basically a Mormon theocracy pretending to be an American state. There was this girl in my classes, not going to give her name, but she was a real cutie. Quite frankly, I was more than a little infatuated with her. Well, I wasn't the only one to feel that way because she dropped out at the age of 13 to get married to a guy who worked at city hall. He was 44 years old.

gently caress Utah.

does utah have anime?

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Network Pesci posted:

gently caress Utah.

*pukes*

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Network Pesci posted:

gently caress Utah.

wowzer, what a grave robber :eyepop:

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
total Mormon here, lollin at this thread

u guys can join up anytime, just give me a call I'll set u up nice with da Elders

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

pwnyXpress posted:

u guys can join up anytime, just give me a call I'll set u up nice with da Elders

we gon get rapped

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

pwnyXpress posted:

thanks for the offer but i doubt there are any underage girls posting in the thread

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The founding of the mormon church must be one of the dumbest things Iv ever read about. Yeah I got some golden tablets noone can see but me back in my garage to.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
not all of them are insane, just their religion is.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tearsaslube posted:

Mormons are racist, imperialistic assholes. Their rear end backwards views on women and drinking has raised a generation of pussy manbabies who dont now how to act when confronted with anything not completely whitewashed and appropriated to their naive viewpoint. Worse yet, undersexed women scientists then go off with ridiculous, childhood loving bullshit youre loving 26 years old you dumb idiot, ideas in their head. They are the last people on earth i would want running anything that would have anything to do with public policy. Go back to your pologasmist loving cult in the desert.

Ill go biblical too:

You are wolves in sheeps clothing, you worship false idols (did you not read revolations?).

You pretty much do the opposite of what jesus would do. You arent good samaratins because your aid comes at a price.

You suck, i hate you.

So basically they're Republicans except for the drinking & drugs, yeah?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tearsaslube posted:

Mormons are racist, imperialistic assholes. Their rear end backwards views on women and drinking has raised a generation of pussy manbabies who dont now how to act when confronted with anything not completely whitewashed and appropriated to their naive viewpoint. Worse yet, undersexed women scientists then go off with ridiculous, childhood loving bullshit youre loving 26 years old you dumb idiot, ideas in their head. They are the last people on earth i would want running anything that would have anything to do with public policy. Go back to your pologasmist loving cult in the desert.

Ill go biblical too:

You are wolves in sheeps clothing, you worship false idols (did you not read revolations?).

You pretty much do the opposite of what jesus would do. You arent good samaratins because your aid comes at a price.

You suck, i hate you.

All of the mormon girls I knew in high school got married before and pregnant before they were even 21.

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug
I've heard the book of mormon broadway thing was good? so there is that, op

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
This dude has a direct line to god, lol.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
the no sex before marriage poo poo is probably responsible for all of the religious people getting married to someone theyve known for 6 months in their early twenties, which if you werent religious most people would say was a pretty poor life decision.

by placing so much value on marriage theyre actually devaluing it. really makes u think

e: at my friends wedding (aged 22 to someone he'd known for probably just over a year by that point) I ended up with all the christians who'd been working for the church and they were all married and they did the whole "it's so weird all my friends are getting married" but i'm not counting it till a nonchristian couple do

XMNN fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 20, 2015

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
BYU is a cultural Chernobyl

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

mrwuss posted:

all real girls do butt sutff

the lord intended for us a dick in the rear end every minute of the day

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

XMNN posted:

the no sex before marriage poo poo is probably responsible for all of the religious people getting married to someone theyve known for 6 months in their early twenties, which if you werent religious most people would say was a pretty poor life decision.

by placing so much value on marriage theyre actually devaluing it. really makes u think

what they can marry nonstop no limits to the max

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Idiot Kicker posted:

BYU is a cultural Chernobyl

this is true

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

InterFaced posted:

This dude has a direct line to god, lol.

The rumor is he is suffering from dementia, his public appearances are pretty much down to the bare minimum and he basically slurs his way through the bi-annual LDS conference talks.

Prophets aren't replaced until they are dead, so it's going to be interesting to see how the corporation handles it.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Makes sense actually. I always imagined the mormon version of God to be Ronald Reagan in late stage Alzheimer's.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Salt Lake City seems nice on the surface.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Its pretty much the most left/liberal part of the state you can visit. Night life isn't bad but also not my scene (see: shut in goon).

Good thing about SLC is things like camping/boating/skiing/anything outdoors can be found < 1 hour away.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Did you know that Nazi germany genocided over 6 million mormons during WWII?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

iSheep posted:

Its pretty much the most left/liberal part of the state you can visit. Night life isn't bad but also not my scene (see: shut in goon).

Good thing about SLC is things like camping/boating/skiing/anything outdoors can be found < 1 hour away.

All of Utah owns, except for mormons. Utah is a bitchin' state who's only problem is mormons. I mean of course I know mormons and don't actually hate them or anything but I kind of wish 1800's america would have had some follow-through and pushed that religion into the pacific.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

So basically they're Republicans except for the drinking & drugs, yeah?

Harry Reid is a mormon.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Wow, Mormon! Lemme tell yeah!

*untucks shirt*

Those folks are so crazy they make a rattlesnake think twice afore bitin'!

*unbelts trousers*

Why, who needs more than one wife a gripin' at ya when you're tryin' ta relax after a long day?

*lowers trousers and drawers to ankle level*

*long, contemplative sigh, gazing at horizon*

Men just need their own space, ya know?

*unleashes a liquid poo poo that coats my boots and calves completely*

God has no place in a government, my friend.

*wet, machine-gun farts sprat poo poo in an arc behind me*

This is God's country.

*final worm of poo poo trails into my left boot*

God's America

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

it'll be a cold day in hell before i recognize utah

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's also a poster child for why genetic diversity is good idea.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tearsaslube posted:

Mormons are racist, imperialistic assholes.
i went over to this mormon chick's place to hang out in college once without knowing her family was religious and her dad was loving furious that she brought home a lesser, non-white animal. he also kept a shotgun by the door so obviously not all mormons are neutered manbabies, some of them are scary as gently caress, especially when they're pointing a shotgun at your face

TOILETLORD posted:

we gon get rapped
mormons are too white and privileged to rap

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I remember when the Mormon Temple in my neighborhood got zoned, specifically because they agreed with our neighborhood and the country to xeriscape it since we're all tapping wells into an aquifer since we're all county out here and don't get that sweet nonexistent river water.

They built it and went ahead and planted sod and run water 24/7, after putting a 10 foot tall gold Moroni as the steeple.

This caused the church across the street from their cult complex that has giant fences around it and is closed to the public, to erect a giant bronze black Jesus dying on the cross that is like 20 feet tall facing the temple.

There are about 5 or 6 more churches within a square mile of this, all competing with horrible religious imagery and increasing size because of the Mormon temple that is wasting all of our aquifer on golf greens that nobody is allowed to walk on.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

MrQwerty posted:

I remember when the Mormon Temple in my neighborhood got zoned, specifically because they agreed with our neighborhood and the country to xeriscape it since we're all tapping wells into an aquifer since we're all county out here and don't get that sweet nonexistent river water.

They built it and went ahead and planted sod and run water 24/7, after putting a 10 foot tall gold Moroni as the steeple.

This caused the church across the street from their cult complex that has giant fences around it and is closed to the public, to erect a giant bronze black Jesus dying on the cross that is like 20 feet tall facing the temple.

There are about 5 or 6 more churches within a square mile of this, all competing with horrible religious imagery and increasing size because of the Mormon temple that is wasting all of our aquifer on golf greens that nobody is allowed to walk on.

your whole neighborhood got owned by a bunch of weirdos in magic clothing

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Frog Act posted:

your whole neighborhood got owned by a bunch of weirdos in magic clothing

they sure did and it's a continuing saga of crazy people taking over the neighborhood and demanding weird poo poo

http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/albuquerque/

edit: they even talk about the landscape like it's a piece of poo poo that needs mormon cleansing when it is literally the beginning of the foothills of desert mountains

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 20, 2015

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i hosed a mormon chick in college she liked it in the rear end and was a loving freak op

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
All the Mormon people I knew growing up were annoying idiots who drank nothing but diet soda and watched G rated films. They also despise Episcopalians, so Iv been screamed at by more than 1 Mormon kid/person.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Xarthor posted:

Mormonism is pretty funny because all their secret rites and tokens and handshakes are just ripped off directly from Freemasons. Like, Joseph Smith joined the Freemasons, thought all the handshakes were pretty cool, and when he went to start his own religion was like, "Yeah, I'll just use that."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3cudp3E4Oo

I'm the 6th point of fellowship but outside the rites i'm the rank and fill Mormons + all the other poo poo pronounced ridiculously wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mormons are basically a menagerie of horrible genetics.

Having a insular religious society is always good for keeping a diverse gene pool

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

etalian posted:

Having a insular religious society is always good for keeping a diverse gene pool

That's why there's a giant mormon temple in honolulu

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

etalian posted:

Haha so many mormon girls here have all gums and no teeth in their smiles. Its insane.

Then again some of them are just fuckin gorgeous. Prettiest girl I dated was from a polygamist family so go figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

iSheep posted:

Haha so many mormon girls here have all gums and no teeth in their smiles. Its insane.

Then again some of them are just fuckin gorgeous. Prettiest girl I dated was from a polygamist family so go figure.

also similar to mennonites the men often suffer from premature baldness

• Locked thread