Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bob Moog sex tape posted:

My patriarchal blessing told me I would be an alone beta bitch forever. Its a good thing I left because now none of that can be true.

Edit: poo poo wait

Did it not mention having a family, or specifically say you will die alone? lmao if the latter. In any case my blessing didn't say anything other than I'd be a high priest, which is basically any guy over 50 who isn't a complete fuckup. I was pretty upset about it at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I was out drinking with some friends + friends of friends and made some mormon joke offhand, and then my friend told me I might be offending her sister, who is mormon.

Might I re-emphasize we were out drinking

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
lol i just remembered that they tell people not to share those blessings with others because it could nullify the poo poo that was "promised" in it.

Despite that almost everyone in my family had no qualms sharing theirs when a moderately relevant situation came up that could apply to it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

On a more positive note:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XLshEBvYdw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o2IduqWnSU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

pwnyXpress posted:

total Mormon here, lollin at this thread

u guys can join up anytime, just give me a call I'll set u up nice with da Elders

mormon jesus

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

MrQwerty posted:

That's why there's a giant mormon temple in honolulu

there's a giant mormon temple in honolulu because they keep sending their missionaries to the pacific islands and then everyone moves to hawaii and they're like "oh my god you guys mormonism!!!" (except they say it in tagalog) like idk how you even get your religious hooks into people if you teach them that they're basically eternally damned because they weren't born white, these missions have been going on a long rear end time before they decided that brown "people" were also technically people

well maybe they just leave the part about white heaven out

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Isn't this the religion where they kick out all of the young boys in the community so the old perverts can have access to all of that sweet underage bride material that they can gently caress on their rape mattresses?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Jace Madan posted:

Isn't this the religion where they kick out all of the young boys in the community so the old perverts can have access to all of that sweet underage bride material that they can gently caress on their rape mattresses?

Yes, but its totally different now and those guys haven't listened to the new prophets who only promise you extra wives for after you die.

naem
May 29, 2011

Jace Madan posted:

I'm pretty sure all religions go through this phase. But yes

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Jace Madan posted:

pretty sure thats what the religion is about

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Remember that south park episode with the mormons, and the south park kids were making fun of the mormon kid? Then at the end of the episode the mormon kid was like "Sure, my religion has silly orgin story, and our customs are different. But we aren't hurting anyone and our family is happy. You should have just accepted that. You need growning up to do. etc" . Stan should have cut him off mid sentence and said something like "You belong to a child raping, piece of poo poo, racist cult. Keep your creepy loving fake-rear end step-ford wives piece of poo poo family. gently caress you!" Then end the episode abruptly.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
Southpark has no balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

The White Dragon posted:

there's a giant mormon temple in honolulu because they keep sending their missionaries to the pacific islands and then everyone moves to hawaii and they're like "oh my god you guys mormonism!!!" (except they say it in tagalog) like idk how you even get your religious hooks into people if you teach them that they're basically eternally damned because they weren't born white, these missions have been going on a long rear end time before they decided that brown "people" were also technically people

well maybe they just leave the part about white heaven out

The racist thing is Brigham Young's fault. He hated black people. Joseph smith was cool with black people and had some black friends he turned into gods via the one true faith. Joseph Smith was a pedophile, not a racist. Brigham Young was both. lol I know too much about mormons.

• Locked thread