Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

and the only prescription is more video games

what are the best video games to play when sick at home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I like stuff like Nuclear Throne that keeps my full attention away from things like my sinuses actively trying to kill me.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe take a nap so you can get well soon and resume gaming at 100%

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

peggle because the only cure for fever is more fever :ironicat:

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
That being said, Michael Jordan put like 46 points on the loving board one time with full blown flu, so there's no reason you can't handle some pixels from the comfort of your bed

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
A reviewer in an ancient copy of a British retro gaming magazine said that having SARS was the perfect excuse for playing Dark Chronicle all day (Dark Cloud 2 for us Yanks).

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Chrono Cross, OP

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Actually, it depends on the sick. If you're suffering from something like vomiting or diarrhea, it may be optimal to play a game that is both engaging and easily put down, or play a handheld.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

fever and sore throat, so low intensity would be good. I've been playing Rune Factory 4 today and it's really good for fever gaming. playing a handheld also means that you can go and lie down while gaming.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
What's a good jrpg for iPhone. Work is dead as gently caress today and I'm sick of blowing up these forums

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

BrettRobb posted:

What's a good jrpg for iPhone. Work is dead as gently caress today and I'm sick of blowing up these forums

FF3.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Dr. Mario

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
OP I would recommend some Animal Crossing.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Nice troll rear end in a top hat

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

BrettRobb posted:

it's not a jrpg but I like playing Undercroft once in a while. other than that I mostly play pokémon leafgreen.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Just play a video game that you have OP, or rest for the sake of your health. Making your own decisions in life is fairly win.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

katamari

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Just play a video game that you have OP, or rest for the sake of your health. Making your own decisions in life is fairly win.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
Heroes 3 is good cause you can take your time and it's easy to lie on the couch and play if you have a TV gaming setup.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I played Talos Principle. And heroes of the storm.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

And so the OP died by substituting medicine with video games.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i had a 1up

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
find some generic trite indie poo poo and play it till you fall asleep
doubles as euthanasia if its bad enough

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

i had a 1up

:)
How bad are you? Like hard to focus on poo poo or are you good to go play some fast paced action games?

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Age of Empires

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

im a big fan of this thread because it references one of the most legendary SNL sketches of all time in which Christopher Walken plays the role of Bruce Dickonson with a seeming infatuation of the cowbell instrument used in their hit song 'dont fear the reaper'.

all in all its an incredible bit of comedy history that lives on to this day

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

:)
How bad are you? Like hard to focus on poo poo or are you good to go play some fast paced action games?

I'm better today thanks to resting and Rune Factory 4 yesterday, thanks for asking. Still sick but in a much better place to play video games. Tried Dishonored but then I had a legitimate BSoD in tyool 2015 so I'm scared to try again.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Well I couldn't download any sick iOS jrpgs because I'm not on wifi, but I forgot I have micromon already installed. Basically just a wholesale ripoff of genwun Pokemon with in app purchases. Cya in hell goons

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Surgeon Simulator 2013

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Dr. Mario
Puyo Pop Fever
Trauma Center

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp
hospital tycoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Well I suppose since you have a fever there's only one cure...

More dead angels

• Locked thread