Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

420DD Butts posted:

George W. Bush: Intergalactic Hero coming to theaters near you.

Kevin James is George Zimmerman: NeighborHOOD Watchman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Real babies cost too much money.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

mugrim posted:

She assisted with the movie. With millions of dollars the Kyle family still owes veterans that's sitting in her account, she was given Charity for the amount of 62k. She's yet to give it out (which seems an odd choice considering most millionaires don't get charity given to them). Despite losing the lawsuit to Ventura, and rightly so, she's continuing the suit in a higher court. She's dragging their family into the public eye, pretending they're not there won't do anything.

Wait a minute, why was she given charity? They made a lot of money off of the book (which, as you said, should have been given away).

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
It was mostly the Muslim community and students (alongside others) who didn't want the movie to be played.

Also, they've canceled the cancellation.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

DrVenkman posted:

I agree that it's not censorship. I do however think that it teaches people that you don't have to confront potentially troubling art because if you talk loud enough then it'll get surpressed.

It's like, as gross as it is I think Birth Of A Nation is an important movie to both view and discuss. Not just for the place in cinema but in a broader context about America in general at the time.

I don't think American Sniper is anywhere at all on the same level as that, but the lesson still applies. It just seems like this day people prefer to say 'This might trouble me therefore I don't want to see it' and then move on.

It was the Muslim students who didn't want the movie to be shown, as well as their friends, as they don't want people to hate and threaten them more than they already experience.

And they decided to show the movie anyways because people outside the college complained. Their compromise was that they would also show the Paddington Bear movie.

• Locked thread