Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Guptill's also arguably the best fielder in the world.

Yeah he's an amazing fielder.

Also as poor form he's in there really are no better options. We've always struggled with quality openers.

Elliott is great because he offers something different than the rest of our lower order batsmen. He's a grinder that's hard to get out. Definitely balances the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Amazing recovery. Ronchi is in some great form. Which definitely helps when Taylor has forgotten how to bat.

So glad Elliott got his century ☺

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I basically live on the road eden park is on so I will watch at home and pretend like I'm there.

Also I'm interested to see how Kyle Mills goes today. I think we got our selection right but Mills over Henry is a question mark for me.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

goatface posted:

Totally mine. Bowler played no part.

Get it together Marty

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Sri Lanka actually bowling a bit better at the death.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Yeah Taylor is legitimately retarded but, despite the slight slump he's in at the moment, he's still a great player.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Get in the Bin(ny) England

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I love Afridi.

Also Mills is looking pretty loving sharp in the last few games. I was skeptical about both him and Elliott and both have looked great. Guess I don't know poo poo about cricket.

Also Guptill, please don't get out on the first ball tia

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Good start so far.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

Loving Elliott sticking it up the haters. They wanted Jimmy loving Neesham ahead of this guy :ughh:

Yeah he's been absolute quality. I wanted Neesham or BJ as I thought they were slightly better and, especially Neesham, will be around for a while. Happy to be wrong ☺

Have to say that I would be leaning towards Mills and Vettori to join Southee and Boult as our starting attack Vs Sri Lanka

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

We should make a decent score here. Let's hope Taylor doesn't run Williamson out again before he gets his ton.

Kane is going to become NZ's best ever batsman imo

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Honestly I have no problem with Laura McGoldrick at all and I can't believe anyone is so offended by her that they needed to post about it.

Is anyone going to the Eden Park games?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I was with you until you dogged on rigor. gently caress you.

Mark Richardson is a massive cock and it's pretty obvious why everyone in NZ cricket dislikes the guy.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Eh I don't mind most NZ commentators. Styris has an annoying voice but I've never really got the dislike for Doull, he's no Richie Benaud but he's solid enough imo. Smithy is fat and seems a bit smug but he's a decent enough commentator.

As someone who watches a ton of football it has to be said that former cricket players are far better at commentary than they are.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gambrinus posted:

Too much blue. New Zealand aren't blue. Beige or black please.

yeah this. That shirt does nothing for me and seems way too similar to other kits.

In saying that NZ cricket have gone through so many different colours and styles that they don't really have an identity. It's about time they chose a colour and stuck to it really.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The Deadly Hume posted:

They could just stick to black but they seem to have an aversion to doing so for cricket. Teal with black wasn't bad, like they wore in that series in 1997-98, and South Africa wore red on green on the same template. :barf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP5LPeJx7Ig

(Also contains young Daniel Vettori!)

I can understand not wanting to play cricket all day in black. It's fine for the All Blacks as they're mostly playing night games. Go back to beige and stick to it, it's iconic at least.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

SA are getting hosed up.

NZ to win the world cup imo

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The Windies and Pakistan are great because they're capable of beating or being beat by anyone on their day. If Gayle or even Afridi manage to take off they can almost single handedly beat teams.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

One day I'd like for us to win the toss :unsmith:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

These graphics holy poo poo :stare:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

McCullum is in the zone.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Probably a bit of nerves really but he'll be alright. Don't know what the gently caress Taylor's excuse is.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

This game is being perfectly set up for some Corey Anderson and Luke Ronchi tonking.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Taylor you idiot.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

That was an excellent over though. Glad he didn't bowl like thag all game

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Airstream Driver posted:

Pretty glad I stacked my team with Kiwis. Now I just need their plodders to take some wickets.

We don't really have plodders any more. It's great.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Do you know what's a really encouraging sign? Not a single player (except Latham but he's not going to play against anyone competent) is out of form with either the bat or ball.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

We always look far better when chasing a high score.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Yeah we've lost to NZ a few times tbf

You'll be losing again soon.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

This old man owns.

That was a pretty impressive innings from a really old man against a decent enough bowling attack. I hope he kicks rear end all tournament

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

loving LOL.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Who was the English dude saying we were poo poo and that they were going to smash us?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

subroc posted:

FYI Afghanistan v Scotland is ending and is pretty close. Tune in now to catch the end. They need 12 from 10 balls.

Tense as gently caress

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

:unsmith:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I live one street from Eden Park. Will give weather updates in the morning. My guess is there will be a shower or two but it won't cause the game to lose overs or be abandoned.

Also I put my second bet of my life on the black caps to win. Put a hundred on $2.10 odds. The last bet I made was France to win the world cup in 1998 paying 9/1 :smug:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

EDEN PARK WEATHER REPORT
Absolutely stunning morning with not a cloud in the sky. Auckland is known for some ridiculous weather shifts but I would be very surprised if there was enough rain to disrupt and shorten the game today.

Also on my way to get my morning coffee I heard Adiago for Strings over the loud speakers and thought how much of an epic this was going to be (sadly it was from a crossfit gym instead of Eden park). Anyway today is going to be loving epic. GET HYPE.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

It's almost midday and the weather is still fantastic. I would be very surprised if there's any rain at all today.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Cat Terrist posted:

Every game not featuring Associates has been crap. This one despite the hype will be no different

If you didn't enjoy England getting humiliated there is something wrong with you

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Doctor Cave posted:

That's pathetic, Australia and New Zealand should be playing every year.

We're a country of 4 million people, it's not financially sensible for Australia to play us.

Basically money rules sports and it's only going to get worse- World Cup in Russia and Qatar is an example of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

They're going to keep cutting back to Key & Abbott all day aren't they :barf:

That was 4 times just during the NZ anthem, neither of them know anything about cricket and they're both cunts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo-ddYhXAZc

If you want to be a (former primer minister) at the cricket then do what Bob Hawke did and scull a beer. That's what you do when you watch a cricket game.