Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Can't say I expected anything else from Smarsh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Oh well, England deserve to win by an innings and our batsmen deserve to be shot into the sun.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Dead Goon posted:

Well played England.

This series has been absolutely pathetic - out of 20 days Cricket they have managed 13.
I agree. This series was really really bad.

Maybe they should play in neutral territory next time so neither team can influence the pitches as much. Although that would probably end up in some dustbowl like UAE.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

webmeister posted:

Yes but how is his form in the nets
Don't worry, Rod Marsh will thoroughly evaluate him using the following criteria:

[ ] smashing it
[ ] not smashing it

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Yay the Australian test summer starts.
Hell yes. I love me some cricket in the background while I'm at work. :)

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Aww I didn't realise Vettori had retired. I thought he would be in the NZ team til age 50.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

You Am I posted:

EDIT: Oh wow Channel 9 are doing a show tonight called "How the rich get hitched". No wonder people have migrated to streaming TV services like Netflix
You give their bogan target demograph too much credit.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Kind of wish NZ would have won the toss, seems like this is another foregone conclusion.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Seams posted:

Why are the red balls falling apart so often? Not only in this game but also in the SA v India game too apparently. I'd say it's a conspiracy to kill Tests but they're doing that just fine already.
I heard the Kookaburra falls apart more regularly because it is machine-stitched whereas the Duke is hand-stitched.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

160km yorker and a dropped catch. Starc is looking great good work idiots
Yeah, it's some English level catching ffs.

Edit: atleast the ball isn't utter poo poo finally.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 15, 2015

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Well Smarsh being in the team has set a standard of selection. So by that thinking they could put the team janitor in the field.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

I wonder if those two first ball no-balls were spot match fixed. :tinfoil:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

drat, I was so looking forward to Smarsh getting out on 49 again. :(

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Haha voges has been facing up with the sight screen out of position. Thats how poor the windies have bowled after lunch.
They are like Zimbabwe level bad, holy poo poo. As expected it's shaping up to be a really boring one-sided series.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

You wouldn't think that a century by a player hiding down the order against a mediocre team would account for much, but the selectors will no doubt see it otherwise.

Edit: also LOL they might need a backstop.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Can't believe Smarsh beat a Bradman record. :cry:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

WTF, Smith that was a dick move to deny Voges!
But, 269 though. :heysexy:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Also maybe because unlike say drunk English crowds, drunk Australian crowds don't have any nation/sporting-related songs that everyone knows other than national anthem and Waltzing Matilda.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Watto would have reviewed it. :smith:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

I find it amusing what stats Ch9 decide to put under the names of their commentators.

On one hand they have Brett Lee's (very good) ODI record (wickets & bowling avg). But for Ian Healy, Mark Taylor and Michael Slater they just have how many ODI's they played, conveniently leaving out their mediocre ODI batting averages. :v:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Bowling attack is bad and no doubt having so many all-rounders will mean the batting will be bad.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Seemed like India never got out of first gear during their innings, despite having so many wickets in hand and fell 50 runs short because of it.

snaeksikn posted:

why isnt smarsh in the odi side? hes a shithouse test batsmen but hes pretty legit at odi's and t20
I agree. It's baffling how they try to shoe-horn him into the Test team every chance they get but don't give him a chance in a format he's actually decent in. Probably a better pick than Finch atleast.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Seams posted:

It's garbage teams like the Sixers and Heat bringing the rest of the competition down.
Nah I'm pretty sure Silk's neck is single handedly propping up the entire league

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Besides, nothing beats seeing Watto's toddler tantrum :byodood: face that he makes when he gets out every few nights on primetime television.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Wow that was some shocking finishing by India.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

webmeister posted:

Virat Kohli seems like an intense guy
His glare is pretty scary.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

markgreyam posted:

Now that the game and series is over: as cricket is the only thing I watch on commercial TV, and the advertising for TV shows is the only insight I get into normal TV, I can safely say that people who actually watch commercial TV are functionally retarded. There is no way anyone with anything that could remotely be described as intelligence could watch that stuff.
Hey now, don't knock the channel that brought us Promo Guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRGuf81DAXg

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Ouch, umpire just retired hurt lol

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

webmeister posted:

What actually happened? I missed it in the cricinfo commentary..

Good to see we're heading for another 600-run snoozefest
He was hit in the shin by the ball off a Finch shot and hobbled off the field. There's now a replacement umpire in his place.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Maxwell so good :vince:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

-Spiffy- posted:

I think I'll mouth off at Kohli - An idiot
Yeah I dunno how anyone can mouth off the guy. He's been basically carrying India this entire series.

Edit: someone please shoot WinVis into the sun

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:laffo: I'm in stitches

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

iajanus posted:

If that display isn't evidence that India have taken up Pakistan's matchfixing mantle I don't know what is.
I'm not convinced. It looked like a pretty standard batting collapse to me.

Also I bet the demigod Indian players are paid way more than the Pakistani's so probably wouldn't want to risk it.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

I'm not a huge fan of sendoffs especially as Smith isn't the type to carry on with them. I'm not sure why kohli is getting a break. It's an absolute prick of a thing to do.
I thought it was pretty funny, unlike a Watto sendoff where he yells in your face like a big oaf.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Halo14 posted:

New reports ‘confirm’ Shane Warne lured into I’m A Celeb jungle with $2m

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/enter...89d4-1453958429

They must have found he would be a good fit with the C-grade celebs and other washed up sportsmen on the show.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Airstream Driver posted:

Maybe just do a tri series between the big 3 and have them poach the good players from bad teams to fill any holes in their lineup. Kane Williamson could play for Australia for example.

A good idea.
That's not bad. You could even form the teams from 3 regions like Europe, Asia and Oceania. Although nobody in Europe outside of UK/Ireland play cricket for some reason so maybe Europe & Americas/Caribbean.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

I like how Sky Sports are rating how white the game currently is by displaying an ongoing WASP meter.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

gay picnic defence posted:

Has there been a change in the selection panel in the last six months/year? I get that we've lost a few bowlers to injury but putting SMarsh in ahead of Khawaja is just idiotic. Until recently I thought the selectors had got it pretty much right though.
From what I've been reading in the news, cricketing 'personalities' are finally starting to catch on to how clueless Rod Marsh is as chairman of selectors. Even Michael Slater is making more sense.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Don't worry, this is all part of the masterplan to get Khwaja back in the team

edit: sweet catch though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

double the Darsh