Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Stick with Leopard. It's killer. You can go crazy if you want and mod it to make it look... somewhat newer. Search for Mountain Lion theme for Leopard, for instance.

Go with Tiger if you want to run classic Mac apps. I rarely do, so Leopard is good enough for me.

TenFourFox is really secure and does not rely on the built-in and outdated security features of Leopard. Webkit-Leopard is a more updated version of Safari for PPC machines, but it's not as secure as TenFourFox. With an older SSD and 8 GB of RAM, those G5s are still pretty useable and fun to tinker with. The TenFourFox blog has a lot of links and info you can explore.

Bad news is that Dropbox is cutting support this May, so people are having to look for workarounds for that kind of stuff. If the computer works, use it till it dies, unless you can find someone who will buy it off of you for a decent price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread