Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
How do I upoad my 3d Descent tape to youtube?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
please don't

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

you're posting

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Yes I am posting

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
3dfx owned

but the voodoo 5 was kind of ridiculous, loving thing was like twice as long as a normal gpu of the same era

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
too bad 3dfx couldn't transition into the big-boy game

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

3dfx owned

but the voodoo 5 was kind of ridiculous, loving thing was like twice as long as a normal gpu of the same era

It wasn't THAT much longer than a voodoo 2. Hell obsidian had a full length sli voodoo 1 card.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Don Lapre posted:

How do I upoad my 3d Descent tape to youtube?

VGA out --> VGA to SDI converter --> Aja ProRes Recorder --> Youtube upload

if you have terrible bandwidths you can convert to h.264 scrub

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Beeftweeter posted:

3dfx owned

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmaYH1F6kho

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

as usual when this ad is posted, i'm the Bausch & Lomb 3D Weltanschauung

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i'm still awaiting the release of Quake XIII: It's Hammer Time

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Quake XIII: We've Made It Fun To Play This Time, Honest!

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
i keep a old dell P3 450MHz around to use with my old 3dfx vood3 3500 TV AGP card, to record old tapes (in mpeg2, which i then transcode to h.264)

futurewife's grandfather really liked that i was able to preserve old home movies that a lot of his family would like to see, they were the only copy and the tapes have been kind of degrading and now her family can just download the videos from a server of mine to look at themselves as kids :)

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

fuckin sweet

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lysidas posted:

i keep a old dell P3 450MHz around to use with my old 3dfx vood3 3500 TV AGP card, to record old tapes (in mpeg2, which i then transcode to h.264)

futurewife's grandfather really liked that i was able to preserve old home movies that a lot of his family would like to see, they were the only copy and the tapes have been kind of degrading and now her family can just download the videos from a server of mine to look at themselves as kids :)

I hope I never meet the kind of person who watches their own home movies. Or home movies in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Old pictures however are extremely my poo poo.

• Locked thread