Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brexit the Frog

can anybody out there recommend some stellar Columbo eps? I haven't seen much. will go thru your suggestions in order, thanks in advance for helping me be a senior citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther
S3E8, the finale of the third season, "A Friend In Deed" is a nail-biter of an episode, with Columbo forced to face his greatest challenge: a murderer, who also happens to be...his boss.

joke_explainer

S5E5, "Now You See Him", pits Columbo against one of his greatest challenges yet: A Nazi War Criminal, having escaped conviction and living out life as a magician. Unfortunately for him, there's just one more thing Columbo noticed after he commits a dastardly crime.

Farmer Jimbo

CC Plox.
I really want to make fun of columbo, but I can't. He's just so frumpy and cute

Brexit the Frog

you guys rule, thanks for the help! watching A FRIEND IN DEED now

Koishi Komeiji

S5 Ep2: A Case of Immunity: The first secretary to the Suarian king may have immunity from the consequences of committing murder, but Lt. Columbo has just one more thing for the wily foreign diplomat.

Afro Doug

the one where colobmo find out the killer was actually where where his fake eye was at all time

Brexit the Frog

*pops out glass eye, shakes it over other hand*

"....Would you care for some mints?"

Brexit the Frog

the HD transfer of this show on Netflix is surprisingly gorgeous

joke_explainer

S10E1, "Columbo Goes To College", Columbo goes under cover as a freshman frat pledge to uncover allegations of cheating and hazing on a prestigous school's campus.

H.H

August is the Cruelest Month
peter falk is legit awesome. watch "wings of desire" (the original version) for him doing a great job protraying himself.

Brexit the Frog

H.H posted:

peter falk is legit awesome. watch "wings of desire" (the original version) for him doing a great job protraying himself.

movie owns

dogcrash truther

Agreed

3D Megadoodoo

Rusty Staub posted:

can anybody out there recommend some stellar Columbo eps? I haven't seen much. will go thru your suggestions in order, thanks in advance for helping me be a senior citizen

the episode where the tennis teacher shoots the woman

Al Borland

by XyloJW
the episode with the school "suicide" by jumping off the roof at college.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Al Borland

by XyloJW
Alternatively watch Toes by Tim and Eric thats a good columbo case.

----------------

DemonToadGoat

S03E08 Double Dog Dare: Columbo is sent to spend the night in a creepy cemetery, there he bears witness to a most heinous crime.

S02E12 All's Fair....: Columbo meets his match when a new private detective opens shop right next door, and starts making advances on Columbo's beat.

S08E26 Columbo goes to space: A mysterious telegram from space sets Colombo on a high stakes mission to space and beyond!

Brexit the Frog

dogcrash truther posted:

S3E8, the finale of the third season, "A Friend In Deed" is a nail-biter of an episode, with Columbo forced to face his greatest challenge: a murderer, who also happens to be...his boss.

trip report: this was a pretty good episode

Al Borland

by XyloJW
“Identity Crisis” (season five, episode three):

Butterfly In Shades Of Grey” (season 12, episode two):

----------------

Brexit the Frog

Security Drone posted:

S5E5, "Now You See Him", pits Columbo against one of his greatest challenges yet: A Nazi War Criminal, having escaped conviction and living out life as a magician. Unfortunately for him, there's just one more thing Columbo noticed after he commits a dastardly crime.

gonna watch this one now

I'm stickin to this project of mine, 'yob

dogcrash truther

Rusty Staub posted:

trip report: this was a pretty good episode

it was peter falk's favorite

Brexit the Frog

I noticed that Ben Gazzara directed it, Cassavetes-pals 4 life

dogcrash truther

Rusty Staub posted:

I noticed that Ben Gazzara directed it, Cassavetes-pals 4 life

ya that was another reason i suggested it

Brexit the Frog

"Now You See Him" was fun as hell, Columbo matching wits with a smug nightclub magician?? poo poo yeah. definitely recommended

Brexit the Frog

UPDATE: I fell asleep at a weird hour today after work but I'll get back on the horse soon don't worry

don't balk at the Falk

Brexit the Frog

feel free to watch Columbo episodes yourself in the meantime, I recommend it as an activity

Synathaesia

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

i never watched columbop

i am actually knida too young to know what columbo is

Brexit the Frog

Synathaesia posted:

i never watched columbop

it's a feature-length detective show and it owns

there you're caught up

Brexit the Frog

Koishi Komeiji posted:

S5 Ep2: A Case of Immunity: The first secretary to the Suarian king may have immunity from the consequences of committing murder, but Lt. Columbo has just one more thing for the wily foreign diplomat.

watching this one now

why the gently caress are there weird 30sec previews before each episode? fuckin..... spoiler alert, man

Synathaesia

i am cheering for that turtle to flip himself over, even though he seems prety ok in his curent predicamnet

Synathaesia

stay strong, rusty staub, you will be saved

Brexit the Frog

please flip turtle over, this side contains no programming

Brexit the Frog

oh man Sal Mineo is in this ep, gently caress yeah

joke_explainer

Synathaesia posted:

i never watched columbop

he's awesome, he's a LAPD detective, a lieutenant, he's kind of disheveled and disorganized, drives a broken down old peugot, everyone thinks he's a witless moron but he's a really sincere guy, and secretly he's incredibly insightful and intelligent... he uses his appearance, distracted-seeming attitude and mannerisms to put his suspects off guard, and once they feel certain they're in the clear, he turns around and says,

"Oh... you know, there's just one more thing I was wondering about. How exactly did you get home from the party that night?"

and they're all, stammering, trying to fix the hole they made in their lie or whatever and they slowly realized Columbo has them as good as behind bars already. Peter Falk gets this amazing twinkle in his eye at this part, it's really something. It was kind of anti-formulaic for time periods (all spotty two decades of it); The protagonist is not an action hero at all, abhors violence and guns, he's got terrible allergies and is completely the opposite of a macho man, yet it's probably my favorite 'detective show' ever.

joke_explainer

he kind of reminds me of bo pepper in a lot of ways...

joke_explainer

Columbo-Pepper.

Brexit the Frog

"A Case of Immunity" was pretty awesome. Columbo makes friends with a fuckin' KING

3D Megadoodoo

columbo has a glass eye :eyepop:

i mean in case you didn't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo

what many people don't know is that frank columbo played the role of george costanza in the original 1950s version of the popular television comedy show Seinfeld

• Locked thread