Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Where do you guys buy extra phones and crap for your phone systems?

We have an old Tadiran system that we get hosed in the rear end by the people who sold us the system whenever we try to buy parts. They want $300 for a phone etc. I've found them on eBay but I know there are better ways. I knew of a somewhat local guy who sold Lucent phone stuff but he doesn't deal in Tadiran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I think everyone hates the phone vendors because everything is so secretive, overpriced, and poo poo.

Extera serve us well in the UK, they sell Avaya stuff at tiny margins just to shift volume and piss off all the partners trying to make money from hardware instead of services.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

My company sells a lot of old equipment to these guys. ECI owns the maintenance rights to Tadiran, I believe, if you haven't tried them.

I think any grey market EOL hardware is going to be outrageously expensive. That's the entire business model for these companies. The material is essentially worthless to the companies getting rid of it, yet extremely valuable to companies still using it. Replacement/maintenance costs is often one of reasons we get rid of old equipment that is mostly otherwise working fine.

• Locked thread