Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme

ArfJason posted:

sam was my first no hit, armstrong was my second
im almost done

you're missin out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNhEG6KAK-o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

ArfJason posted:

also i did it!!

next up is monsoooon

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I turn achievements off because I mean seriously gently caress off popups in the middle of a game. They'e all retarded poo poo like "pop five thousand egg sacks" or "complete mandatory mission"

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Megaspel posted:

I turn achievements off because I mean seriously gently caress off popups in the middle of a game. They'e all retarded poo poo like "pop five thousand egg sacks" or "complete mandatory mission"

looks like we got a badass over here

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
on topic of achievement i rerolled twice in an angel room and got godhead, then dead dove. some stages later i get missingno from the chests secret room as my last reroll. I'm so close to plat god i can taste it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Megaspel posted:

Play good games.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
even good games sometimes have boring achievement systems, though.

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme
the first arkham game had good achievements. it was so easy that buttonmashing was viable, but getting good at combos for the achievements really helped me appreciate the fighting system and getting the riddler trophies draws attention to all the great little details in the world

then the sequel did the calendar man bullshit

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

looks like we got a badass over here

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

ArfJason posted:

on topic of achievement i rerolled twice in an angel room and got godhead, then dead dove. some stages later i get missingno from the chests secret room as my last reroll. I'm so close to plat god i can taste it

Godhead is my last one for real plat god... got the regular plat god before even unlocking the lost. One breaking run ought to do the trick...

e: you should come post in the isaac thread, pal, needs some life in it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3676625

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I, uh, earned a platinum trophy for Fallout 3. I didn't for New Vegas though, there were a few that sounded gay so I gave up.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Desert Survivalist is a horrible grind, even if you're eating food every chance you get you probably won't even be close by the end of the game.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Doctor Goat posted:

Play good games.

HL2 is a good game.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Megaspel posted:

HL2 is a good game.

Half Life 2 is better than I remember, but Half Life 1 is better. Black Mesa reigns supreme though.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

gg

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
HL1 is the best Half-Life.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

congratulation! :peanut:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wootman posted:

Nice controversial opinion. Not.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wootman posted:

half life 1 is so good i can barely believe that a group of modders made it even better

----------------

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

ArfJason posted:

half life 1 is so good i can barely believe that a group of modders made it even better

i know right? still waiting for xen tho.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wootman posted:

i know right? still waiting for xen tho.

from what i recall the devs saying they had an entire game's content planned, none of it direct remake of the original's. It's gonna be cool to visit that alien landscape in 3d (meant to say hd) with hopefuly none of the factory levels of the original

----------------

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 4, 2015

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Can't wait for Xen to come out in 2020.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I have no idea why they put Xen in HL1.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Doctor Goat posted:

I have no idea why they put Xen in HL1.

i didn't think xen was that bad personally, hopefully the bms devs improve it.

ArfJason posted:

from what i recall the devs saying they had an entire game's content planned, none of it direct remake of the original's. It's gonna be cool to visit that alien landscape in 3d (meant to say hd) with hopefuly none of the factory levels of the original

no wonder that poo poo is taking so long. i'm gonna complete bms again as i lost all my save files when i formatted my pc.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
jumping puzzles are never fun in fps games and xen is exhibit a

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Coolguye posted:

jumping puzzles are never fun in fps games and xen is exhibit a

Pussy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lovely Planet is one of the greatest jumping puzzle games of all time, BTW. So gently caress you.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Wormskull posted:

Lovely Planet is one of the greatest jumping puzzle games of all time, BTW. So gently caress you.

that's basically like saying a cold sore is the best form of herpes

you're technically not wrong, but it's still herpes.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:rip: op

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
arfjason is in a state of eternal ban purgatory

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
came back from the beach with renewed strength

----------------

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Would platting Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne finally get a girl to touch my penis? Because if it doesn't then bitches don't know poo poo.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hobo By Design posted:

the first arkham game had good achievements. it was so easy that buttonmashing was viable, but getting good at combos for the achievements really helped me appreciate the fighting system and getting the riddler trophies draws attention to all the great little details in the world

then the sequel did the calendar man bullshit

yeah arkham asylum and that 2008 Prince of Persia game are the only ones I've been able to plat

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

ArfJason posted:

This is power.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Do you need a new AV

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
got the S+ achievement in dustforce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7uzVoYkfEQ
what i did not get is a good quality stream recording

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is this a achievement thread. i got dark souls plat a couple of weeks ago.. i also have the lightning returns plat (kinda ez... not really worth bragging about) , and i sold my ps vita even tho i was only missing 1 trophy for persona 4 golden plat since i didnt care about trophys then -____- . i also have the gran turismo 6 plat inum trophy lol. ive achieved lots of other kewl stuff in games but those r my trophies. ciao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ok heres my otehr achievements - sl 1 (sl 3 actually cos of my starting class [NO PYROMANCY]) no shield no armour run on dark souls finished (hardest thing ive ever done by miles), probably like one of the first 20 ppl in the world to get godhead in isaac rebirth , i got it after like 20 hrs played anyway. nocturne hard mode COMPLETE, low level final fantasy 9 run COMPLETE (moar fun to do than u think or w/e), finished inside the top 100 in the world in 2 seasonal events in gran turismo 6 (basically like a car race qualifying lap style competition .. hundreds of thousands of ppl enter them). kinda geeky sounding when i lay it out like that heh :sweatdrop:

• Locked thread