Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
Reading the not very good autobiography of Chris Kyle I came across this passage on page 235 ("Breaking And Entering"):

quote:

I stole a car off of Bourbon Street as part of my final. (I had to put it back when we were done; as far as I know the owner was none the wiser.) Unfortunately, these are all perishable skills - I can still pick a lock but it will take longer now. I'll have to brush up if I ever decide to go crooked.

If I am reading this right, does this mean that the FBI makes it trainees steal from civilians as part of its training? I tried to do some googling about this or articles that picked up on this part of the book but couldn't find anything. Am I reading this right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

SlipUp posted:

Before delving too deep into this, Chris Kyle is full of poo poo and I'll believe that as much as i believe he punched out Jesse Ventura.

I totally agree with you and this is a good article about some of his bullshit tales:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...erican-history/

But, the part that I quoted apparently implicates the government in crime and this book was approved for publication by the DoD.

• Locked thread