Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Recently the GeForce Experience has been acting a bit wonky for me. I would say for the past month it would notify me to update my drivers however upon doing so I am stuck at this "Installing latest drivers" I am like okay, that's fine, everything seems go according to plan. However, it just stuck there. For 30 minutes I am just waiting for these new drivers to install. I try to exist the program but it reminds me I have these new drivers that are being installed. So I had to control alt delete to force the program to stop. I don't know how and when this became a problem because previously it would work just fine, but now every time it tells to up update the drivers I just ignore it. I just want to say that this GeForce Experience anit for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
didn't read, and :gas:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

an unfortunate bump but necessary to express my true opinions w/r/t this thread

pram
Jun 10, 2001

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

:pram:

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

how did i get here

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

sharx

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ati supremacy

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Sharktopus posted:

how did i get here
                        Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
                       /
                      /
                     /

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
                       /
                      /
                     /

i would have vastly prefered talking heads to kitty perry at the halftime show

loving bullshit rear end walking vehicle MORE LIKE ITS GOT WHEELS AND YOU JUST HID THEM. YOURE A loving LIAR, KATHERINE PERRY.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
I for one like the half time show. In this uncertain world, all we really needed were some dancing sharks and trees, as well as a dress with beachball styled cups.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i just realized the GEFORCE EXPERIENCE keeps backups to every installer to both itself and to video card drivers it ever uses permanently and sometimes in duplicate. i had like 10+ gigs of loving installers all over my goddamn hard drive ugh

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

i just realized the GEFORCE EXPERIENCE keeps backups to every installer to both itself and to video card drivers it ever uses permanently and sometimes in duplicate. i had like 10+ gigs of loving installers all over my goddamn hard drive ugh

thnx 4 this tip i haev a 128gb ssd for my os + game...................................................................

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

lol. they had a lot of stuff in program data which makes sense cause that's what that folder is for, but they also had poo poo in program files which is hosed up cause you don't store data there.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

echinopsis posted:

ati supremacy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1bBxmRhO-k

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

maniacdevnull posted:

i would have vastly prefered talking heads to kitty perry at the halftime show

loving bullshit rear end walking vehicle MORE LIKE ITS GOT WHEELS AND YOU JUST HID THEM. YOURE A loving LIAR, KATHERINE PERRY.

in a sense, all art is a form of deceit.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

in a sense, all art is a form of deceit.

actaually i think ule find all art is truth and life is teh deception.............................................................

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
i just checked and my nvidia folder has 3.6 gb of various installer files lol

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

I'm the turd like window theme

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Celexi posted:

what the gently caress poo poo have you done to your windows

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

You Am I posted:

what the gently caress poo poo have you done to your windows

looks like a linux, op

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Are you all saying you don't use Konqueror on Windows to manage your files? What the hell do you use instead? I don't get it.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Shaggar posted:

lol. they had a lot of stuff in program data which makes sense cause that's what that folder is for, but they also had poo poo in program files which is hosed up cause you don't store data there.

what's the difference between data and files

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

do kde people still use terms like kioslaves or was that removed as being too problematic

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

cthulhoo posted:

do kde people still use terms like kioslaves or was that removed as being too problematic
Eastern Europeans were getting upset

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

indiana jones, exiting fast car or vehicle: "wow that is the geforce experience!"

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Celexi posted:

holy gently caress look at this garbage

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

pram posted:

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i thought YOSPOS loved old operating systems? props for getting that card to work with what is clearly some weird OS from the mid-nineties, Celexi

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

nah that poo poo looked loads better in the nineties

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
GeForce experience fucks the hell out of my computer's performance while it's downloading or checking for drivers or whatever it's doing. I can't play morrowind. My computer goes too slow to play morrowind

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
g sync seems cool but otherwise i dont know much about the experience

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

vug posted:

GeForce experience fucks the hell out of my computer's performance while it's downloading or checking for drivers or whatever it's doing. I can't play morrowind. My computer goes too slow to play morrowind

Don't play that game. It is old and bad.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Don't play that game. It is old and bad.

:argh:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
mine gets new optimal experiences for steam games I don't even have installed about every 15 minutes and pops up that stupid notification you can't turn off and it even wakes my computer up out of sleep mode.

I'd turn the whole thing off but then how would I know when new beta drivers come out???

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Beast of Bourbon posted:

I'd turn the whole thing off but then how would I know when new beta drivers come out???

I think you know instinctively if you know what I mean

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

pram posted:

:pram:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i hope nvidia gets rid of the "geforce" name because it's really bad