Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqn8_tL9tms - Season 3 'Face Off' Promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_60p8nToAGw - Season 3 full promo

SEASON THREE PREMIERES WED. JAN 28 @ 10PM ET ON FX
Season 1 & 2 available on Amazon Prime *Note: Now through February 4th, own the first two seasons of The Americans for $19.99 in HD or stream episodes on Prime Instant Video.
Season 2 thread | Wikipedia | IMDB
Special thanks to DivisionPost for writing the S2 OP which I have stolen and re-purposed in parts

The series was created by novelist Joe Weisberg (a former CIA officer) working under the tutelage of Graham Yost (Justified, The Pacific). His impression of the pilot script was "annoyingly good." Also on the writing staff is Joshua Brand, co-creator of Northern Exposure, St. Elsewhere, Amazing Stories, and The White Shadow. A number of people involved behind the scenes with Justified also work on the show.

Season 2 had the shows writers working with Oliver North who wrote the episode Martial Eagle, for a first person account of the Iran-Contra storyline in which he was involved.

Stan Beeman (Noah Emmerich), Frank Gaad (Richard Thomas), Martha Hanson (Alison Wright)
The FBI
The counterintelligence team of the Federal Bureau of Investigation is looking to take down or recruit KGB agents operating inside America.

Nina Sergeevna (Annet Mahendru), Arkady Ivanovich (Lev Gorn), Oleg Burov (Costa Ronin)
The KGB
The Rezidentura is the base of Soviet espionage operations in the US, based out of the Soviet Embassy, and receives orders from The Center, which is the central headquarters of the KGB in Moscow, especially those departments concerned with foreign espionage and counterintelligence. The Rezidentura then contacts Directorate S agents 'illegals' via handlers, coded messages or dead drops.

Phillip (Matthew Rhys), Elizabeth (Keri Russel), Paige (Holly Taylor), Henry (Keidrich Sellati)
The Jennings
Philip and Elizabeth are KGB Directorate S deep cover agents 'Illegals' posing as Americans. As a cover, they own and run a travel agency. They arrived in the US in August, 1965.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1BGNLzfW8c - Season Two Recap

In the season 3 trailer it looks like SPOILER Elizabeth encounters the CIA on the street face to face. While much of the season will focus around Paige and how the KGB want Phillip and Elizabeth to recruit her as a second generation directive S operative.
After recurring in the first two seasons, Lev Gorn, who plays Arkady Ivanovich was promoted to series regular for season three while co-star Noah Emmerich (Stan Beeman) directed the seventh episode of the season, marking his directorial debut.
Frank Langella (Frost/Nixon), joins the cast to replace Margo Martindale as the handler, although she will hopefully make an appearance this season.

Episodes will air Wednesday nights at 10PM on FX.

1 - "EST Men" Jan 28, 2015
2 - "Baggage" Feb 4, 2015
3 - "Open House" Feb 11, 2015
4 - "Dimebag" Feb 18, 2015
5 - "Salang Pass" Feb 25, 2015
6 - "Born Again" Mar 4, 2015
7 - "Walter Taffet" Mar 11, 2015
8 - TBA, 2015
9 - TBA, 2015
10 - "Stingers" 2015
11 - "One Day in the Life of Anton Baklanov" 2015
12 - TBA, 2015
13 - TBA, 2015 [Season finale]

Show posters

drunkill fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jan 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

DivisionPost posted:

Yeah, I should've said something earlier, but great work, drunkill.
Aw shucks :3: I cut out the whole season 2 re-cap stuff for every plotpoint because it was bloated. I was going to add a little more to this OP soon though, once I have some time. I decided just to make 'the factions' info for some new or returning viewers.

This episode was great, I like like that Lev Gorn is now a regular this season, Arkady is a cool dude. A little more background info on Oleg too, has a brother in the army (presumably) in Afghanistan.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Have an exact date for the episode, Nov 10, 1982. Looks like we get some Andropov fun times.
How'd you get this, the execution at the start? I think most of this season is supposed to be 1983, with Brezhnev death being a focus, and well Andropov doesn't last too long either. He might last until the next of next season. [Edit: Oh, I missed five entire minutes!]

One of the network execs said he can see The Americans running for five seasons, feeling that would be enough time to tell a story and not let it go stale, but that's just one exec, hopefully they get the ratings and the critical reception, I think season 4 is pretty much guaranteed at this point.

"You said she was, what, 5'2"? 5'3"?" Oh Stan :allears:

drunkill fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jan 29, 2015

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
She could be sent to Siberia to the same place as the former Resident and the stealth technology scientist.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
That suitcase scene was was such an uncomfortable and brutal scene.

This show rules.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

JohnSherman posted:

That was a great scene, but this definitely was one of those instances where the number of fully backstopped Soviet agents stretches the limits of plausibility.

e: Is there really not a single dentist that the Soviets can trust in the country?

Zero One posted:

They dont have any trusted doctors/dentists for just such an occasion?
Yeah, especially after the bullet wound at the end of S1.

This season is warming up though, two close calls in the past two episodes. You can tell the show got a bump in their budget too, with these last two episodes having quite a bit of city driving, lots of other period cars and night shoots to make it all work. I'm glad they've gotten more to work with.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

That sexy baby ad was pretty hosed up and weird, can't believe that was on TV.
Talk about foreshadowing...

Phillip is going to be conflicted, he went after the pedo in the shopping centre in season 1 with a barbeque fork because of his morals, it wasn't related to a mission or anything. I think he's going to find himself in too deep (oh god :gonk:) with this teenager.

Hey... at least there were no bodies in suitcases or teeth pulling this episodes, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Do Mail Robots Dream of Electric Sheep?

Oleg and Beeman, spy bros :3:

• Locked thread