Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The spies engage in a decadent, American game of Scrabble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

This episode has to have set the record for "Number of Times Naughty Bits Were Almost Shown On TV But Were Well-Hidden On Standard Cable".

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Holy CRAP that folding scene.

Oleg has been an unlikeable twat from the beginning. He first shows up picking on Nina, almost like a kid with a crush, then is enraged she's in prison. That standoff was interesting- it was Stan in a standoff with Commie Stan.

e- Philip's outfit makes him look like a character from the cop show depicted in the Beastie Boys' Sabotage video.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 5, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Fortunately, they didn't drag out the do-it-yourself dentistry as long as the packing of the dead, naked girl.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I feel like I've posted this before, but it's going to be fun as hell to see what happens as Elizabeth and her dogged, determined loyalty toward the :ussr: doesn't immediately convert Bible-loving Paige into an agent for Mother Russia.

I get the feeling Elizabeth is thinking she'll say "Wow! This will be fun! The USSR sounds like such a great place and we can defeat these Capitalist pigs...TOGETHER!" and she's bullheaded enough to believe that it'll be so.

...but I typed that as I watched the last few minutes on a DVR delay.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Teenager wakes up from her passed-out-because-she's-baked stupor to kiss Philip. :stare:

Philip reflects on his time in sex training, loving a younger and older woman. :stare:

Philip reflects on bracing himself to...receive from/give to a man... :stonk:

Philip realizes he's taking FX into the land of on-screen pedophilia. :psyduck:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Teenager wakes up from her passed-out-because-she's-baked stupor to kiss Philip. :stare:

Philip reflects on his time in sex training, loving a younger and older woman. :stare:

Philip reflects on bracing himself to...receive from/give to a man... :stonk:

Philip realizes he's taking FX into the land of on-screen pedophilia. :psyduck:

The actress who plays Kimberly was born in 1994 and is 21. Someone born in a year I can remember can drink legally. :negative:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ally_1986 posted:

Man its like a car crash I should look away but! Poor Philip, you think being a Spy is all Bond and poo poo but no way Bond was ever down for that.

Wasn't Bibi Dahl in For Your Eyes Only supposed to be underage?

Fetus Tree posted:

Ill probs check out Allegiance. Dig looks worth a shot too, i really like jason isaacs

It's not bad, but doesn't hold a candle to The Americans. It felt like a cheap, NBC-produced knockoff with too happy a soundtrack at first.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I missed the end of the episode. Did Elizabeth claim she was a hooker/drug dealer in the park?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Zero One posted:

What? No.

She told Paige that they were more alike than she thought.

Ah ok, I only heard "When did you start doing this?" and Liz's talk about doing the right thing or whatever led me to believe she was bullshitting something like Philip had just done with Kimmie.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

How did Clark convince Martha to take the bug into the FBI office (or, for that matter, steal files) for him anyway? I can't remember despite having seen the whole series.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ally_1986 posted:

As far as Northrop lady is concerend - Eliz has built a friendship and paved the way to her new job, which I remember is like the person who deals in some way with security clearance, which would be a handy to thing to know about. She talked about her new bf (Philip) and that they meet because he is from a Northrop competior(?) who paid Eliz to answer questions about her work. I am thinking they will try and pay her off to reveal sensitive information iirc?

As usual with this show, it's Elizabeth (or Philip) befriending/aligning with someone under a false persona with the goal of collecting something for the Soviets.

Was her fake character supposed to be in AA or some other form of rehab, which was her in to the woman from Northrop?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

e- Now that I've seen the whole episode, I'm calling "suicide out of guilt for her treason" by Martha at the hands of Clark.

howe_sam posted:

Y'know, I'm not sad to see an apartheid sonovabitch get burned

Though having said that, got drat :stonklol:

I was surprised to see Elizabeth's discomfort in watching that. Figured it'd be right up her alley.

And that was the least convincing Philip wig. Looked like Alice Cooper.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 19, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

zoux posted:

Ok, what's the most disturbing scene of the season so far? Luggage lady? DIY dentistry? Or necklacing?

I mean besides Gaad abusing Mail Robot.

This. The old woman making conversation to take her mind off the impending end as she's being forced to overdose on her meds. This is it and it doesn't get any worse.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 26, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Henry is the son his mother always wanted........since this second-generation program was revealed.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oh boy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:ussr: IT'S HAPPENING :ussr:

I wonder if there's a Soviet training seminar on this.

e- Elizabeth's fervent visions of telling Paige about this and converting her into a spy for The Good of The Cause and World Peace are anything but gung-ho in execution.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 2, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Zero One posted:

Holy crap. Best scene in the show.

WHAT DOES THE PHONE OFF THE HOOK SIGNAL MEAN?! :ohdear:

"Take the phone off the hook so Paige doesn't call the Jesus freak and have him have the FBI here in 20 minutes".

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

She's on board?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Smiling FBI agent. Parents sharpening knives to his right. Teenage girl takes it all in.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Martha's gonna wind up in a mental hospital if she makes it out of this alive.

...which she's not. I smell "Suicide note with apology to the FBI for my treason" ahead.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I thought Susan was going for some FWB action there.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Everyone lies, Paige, but it doesn't matter as long as we tell each other the truth!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Look at Elizabeth saying what she wants to believe.

Elizabeth.txt

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Elizabeth watching Reagan and having :ussr: fire up in her eyes again while Paige tells the Pastor. :tviv:

...and Henry and Stan playing the football game all the while. :3:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Brennan posted:

"they are the focus of evil"

*zoom in focus on Elizabeth*

not at all subtle

I originally saw it as "Watch the rage flare up in her eyes as she sees the face of the enemy talk badly about her country", but you're exactly right.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Was Elizabeth's mom living in East Berlin? There was mention of Liz and Paige being smuggled "across the border", but was it said that she was in Berlin the whole time or are they treating it as though they were smuggled into the USSR to see her?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The Center brought her mother from her home to West Berlin rather than risk blowing Liz's cover getting them across and then back over the border. Every single person going over the border in those days in either direction were photographed heavily, and scrutinized more closely than any place else. Disguises wouldn't have worked, and they weren't about to show a 15 year old one of their ~sekret~ tunnels.

Thanks, I figured it stayed in Berlin. I didn't think they were suggesting (and I've just seen the scene all the way through, caught bits and pieces the first time through because I was tied up) they came all the way from the Russian border, though as ridiculous as that sounds, Justified always treated Lexington and Harlan as if they were 20 minutes apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I think the season was the weakest of the three, but still fairly good. It was much better than Justified's "off" season (S5), but the Apartheid and Soviet/Afghan stuff (Philip having another son aside) was sort of slow.

Sober posted:

Well, I stand corrected.

They tried to sugarcoat it the best they could and heavily implied they were spies without actually using the word. Sort of one of those "Well, I wasn't going to say that, but since you did, yeah" type things.

Kind of felt like "Oh drat...we didn't really practice how we were going to tell Paige this.".

• Locked thread