Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spronk
Feb 5, 2011

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

beanieson posted:

Yea I was (only) half joking. It's also just as likely that she's just gone completely nuts.

Phillip's new ploy is to convince Martha that he is a figment of her imagination, he will enlist the entire illegal army to stage giant flash mobs where they all pretend not to see him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spronk
Feb 5, 2011

Man I had no idea how complicated it was for spies in the 80s to get the room number and hotel keys of guests at Holiday Inn. Gotta have dinners and sleep with managers over multiple weeks and hack the Gibson. To find 3 Taliban guys who will in no way stand out at an American Hotel.

It will all be undone when Osama Bin Laden slips a $20 to the clerk and gets upgraded to a suite.

Is the new tech that Philip and the old guy talking about handheld Stinger missiles? I think that was the thing that really turned around the mujahideen insurgency, wasn't it?

spronk
Feb 5, 2011

Riled Shareef posted:

Do you guys think this is the best season of TV this year so far? I guess this or Better Call Saul?

I wouldn't even put The Americans in my top 10 list of 2015. Its decent but it veers wildly between completely unrealistic James Bond/Bourne levels of spy work on the part of Philip and Elizabeth, to comical (more believable) complete ineptitude from the rest of the world. I also think they focused way, way, way too much on really boring stuff like Paige and visiting Grandma and Nina's adventures in Siberia and not enough on the Mujahideen, Nicaragua, and Iran/Iraq.

• Locked thread