Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
The guy doing the car tailing drivers ed with Elizabeth is new this season right? I feel like I'm going mad trying to think if I just blacked out last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

TCD posted:

Yeah - also that earlier seen in the bedroom....

So, I didn't catch the end scene on what was said that made it such a big deal?
The guy they were tracking basically led them to the guy in charge of the CIA Afghan group.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Allegiance is alright for the most part and a little hokey in places but it's not really trying to rip off The Americans when it literally is an adaption of another Israeli series in all but setting. And genre-wise it's probably supposed to be more of a thriller than The Americans is.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

JohnSherman posted:

What was the point of showing herself? Just wait until she leaves Elizabeth!
Presumably because we don't live in an age where everyone just shoves earbuds on and blasts the volume to do desk work, she would've heard the two of them working in the shop downstairs and called the police. Since she saw it was an old rear end old lady, it probably would've been super easy to control the situation.

Also because the whole thing was awesome.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

The best part about Stan showing up is that I'm sure by now him and Elizabeth and Phillip are just pure friends and they're not pumping him for information ever. But of course Paige is gonna read into that way too much, which is amazing.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

The only true threat her parents could make was "if you tell anyone this, we're gone and you're orphans forever, at best". They know Paige is pretty mature for her age so she should eventually come around to the fact that keeping quiet is in everyone's best interests, at least until she turns 18 (unless they're gonna set up some emancipation storyline for her next season).

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

JohnSherman posted:

I'm glad that the show has addressed that, both in the last season and this one. The lack of family would seem to be pretty jarring. I mean, growing up I had dozens of extended family members that I saw at least a couple times a year, and several more on top of that who sent yearly Christmas cards.

I'm honestly a bit surprised that there wasn't a fleshed out plan for when the kids started getting inquisitive about their family, emergency fake aunts notwithstanding.
It would probably be too complicated or prone to poo poo going wrong. You could just as easily say both parents were orphans growing up though, probably, but I guess that ship has sailed.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Needs a buddy spy spinoff with Oleg, Stan and Mailbot.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

ParanoidInc posted:

Mailbot is a filthy goddamn traitor and it deserved every inch of the beating that Gaad righteously handed out to it.
BEEEEEEEEEEEEP???

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Henry is there too as he is being mentored by Stan. Things take a turn for the worst when he falls under the dark influence of Mailbot in season 4.
"Why is mailbot telling me to, 'kill all humans'"?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

The craziest thing is that Phillip has to dye that small strip of hair back and forth each time, just to make that wig look more natural.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

That, or, :siren: unpopular opinion :siren: despite all of Pastor Tim's posturings, he realizes sometimes Paige is still a teenager and will do teenager things and will chock it up as something she said when she was upset and does not make anything of it, except maybe telling Phil and Liz.

I might have to rewatch the episode where they reveal the truth to Paige, but I don't think they ever said they were spies. I think it's fairly specific that Paige tells Pastor Tim that her parents, "...aren't American; they're Russians," but not specifically Soviet Spies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

ShakeZula posted:

They said they work for their country, getting information no one else could get. Paige used the word "spies" in that same conversation to clarify what they were talking about.
Well, I stand corrected.

• Locked thread