Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Radiohead71 posted:

What's the opinion on S3? I have yet to watch this season (they are collecting on my DVR). I don't want to read any spoilers.

Probably the best season yet. Genuinely some of the best drama airing at the moment in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Man, this has been a fantastic season. I think the finale leaves Philip is a really interesting place. He's clearly so broken and empty. "I feel like poo poo all the time" is probably one of the most honest things anyone in the show has ever said. I don't know how he can keep going considering he looked like he was about to hang himself along with Gene.

Having Reagan's 'evil empire' speech interrupt Philips attempt to explain his depression to Elizabeth was a really nice moment as well. I think it showed how that kind of dehumanising and jingoistic rhetoric just caused more problems. It pushes Elizabeth, who sees her dying mother when she thinks of Russia, into anger and deeper ideological rigidity and it walls Philip in with his guilt and depression.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Riled Shareef posted:

Do you guys think this is the best season of TV this year so far? I guess this or Better Call Saul?

There's quite a few contenders that have yet to begin / finish (GOT, Hannibal, Rectify), but in my opinion this is the show to beat right now! Fantastic batch of episodes!

I'd be torn with a few others but probably. It's been a really good season. I think the paige revelation was handled really well. The way that elizabeth and, to a greater extent, philip are portrayed as steadily splintering under the sheer weight f the awful thongs they are doing all the time was really good as well. When Philip said 'I feel like poo poo all the time' in the final episode, I could really feel his exhaustion and I think it sets up him finally breaking down next season. I don't know what that looks like but I bet it will be intense.

• Locked thread