Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I'll never get tired of Noah Emmerich as Stan the third wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Fuckstick posted:

Am I the only one that thinks that the pastor is secretly with the centre, and with the help of Elizabeth is actively grooming Paige behind Phillip's back? This theory about the pastor has been eating away at me ever since watching his calm reaction to the confrontation with Phillip last season.

I'd suspect he's grooming her but not for spy work.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

tomapot posted:

That's what I was getting at, I know we won the war but was it the result of out spending and attrition or spycraft?

Mismanagement and corruption within the USSR mostly.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

beanieson posted:

easy to say when the boy doesn't have story lines.

Hey now he stole a photo of Stan's wife in a bikini. Surely that'll have repercussions a couple seasons down the road.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Uh oh.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Reverse Centaur posted:

This show is so great. What's the angle on the Northrop lady though? It seems very convoluted.

Presumably it's about stealing info on the B-2 since that was Northrop's big project around that time, and one of the minor storylines last season was about getting hold of the radar deflecting paint. And there was a dude in real life who got busted in like 83 or 84 for trying to sell info to the USSR.

e: wait last season was all about getting info on the stealth bomber nevermind

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 12, 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Branis posted:

I thought last season was about the super secret prop that ended up causing a sub to sink. Anybody think martha is gonna rat out clark? I figured she was gonna eat her gun but that look at the end of the episode was intense.

edit: I guess they also had drews cross dressing brother from the drew carey show that worked in that paint factor and wore glue shoes.

Yeah there was the paint guy, plus trying to reverse engineer ARPANET to gain access to the software and calculations they used to design the aircraft. The irony with the last part is the fundamental concepts behind stealth design came from a Russian mathematician the Soviet government ignored because they thought his research had no immediate practical application, so they let him openly publish his work.

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 12, 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I just realized Arkady is Eton from season 2 of The Wire.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

biggfoo posted:

Henry remains the best. He's going to love the internet.

It should be the B2. There was high profile arrest related to espionage and the B2 in 1984 which is what I assume they are working towards. You can read about on its wiki page. The show is mid/late 83 at this point(i think?) and the F117 should already be flying tests.

That and Lockheed built the F117 while the B2 was Northrop's project.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Of course they might accelerate that timetable if they knew they only had 7 years left :smith:

Russia still had spies after the collapse of the USSR. It's not like they quit being the most paranoid country in earth overnight in 91. I'd like to see what happens to their spies as Russia transitioned into its current kleptocratic mafia state.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Sober posted:

They know Paige is pretty mature for her age so she should eventually come around to the fact that keeping quiet is in everyone's best interests,

Pretty sure that was the point behind her reaction to her parents' conversation with Stan.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
The funny thing about the whole B-2 F-plot nonsense is the Russian were the ones who developed the mathematical principles behind it back in the 60s

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If only they'd spent more time making their population computer-literate. =/

It's actually kinda impressive how much they accomplished considering trade embargoes forced them to develop from scratch whatever they couldn't reverse engineer from smuggled components.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

CBJSprague24 posted:

Thanks, I figured it stayed in Berlin. I didn't think they were suggesting (and I've just seen the scene all the way through, caught bits and pieces the first time through because I was tied up) they came all the way from the Russian border, though as ridiculous as that sounds, Justified always treated Lexington and Harlan as if they were 20 minutes apart.

It's only about 15 hours from Smolensk to Berlin by car. Presumably they knew a few days in advance Elizabeth was going to Berlin.

• Locked thread