Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Does Elizabeth know who Gaad is? Cause he got a pretty good look at her face before she knocked his rear end out. Also, drat girl, take your wig off when you suspect the Feds are patrolling you. Go hide in a bush or something.

They should just leave Nina dead or in Siberia. There's enough going on here they don't need to force her back in the game.

Speaking of The Game, anybody else watch that mini-series on the BBC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

He's a new character. I think he's their former handler.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Going to call bullshit on Sierra Nevada being in East Coast bars in the early 80s. Sierra Nevada was founded in 1980. Not buying it that they had East Coast distribution only a few years later. Especially not to shitball DC area sports bars.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Phillip and Elizabeth's outward hostility to religion bugs me because being religious is the best cover in America. Especially back then. Why not just seeth about it in private?

Also, if you don't believe in religion, wouldn't you just think baptism is a meaningless joke?

I love this show and its so smart everywhere else, but the way the Jennings handle religion seems like a huge risk.

Finally, Paige is the lamest kid ever.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

qbert posted:

Probably because they see a difference between pretending to be religious for a cover, and their daughter actually believing in this stuff. Same thing with the baptism, even if they don't think it does what the church claims it does, it's another representation of their own daughter becoming deeply entrenched in what they perceive as a bullshit belief system.

True. Hadn't thought of it in that way.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Gonz posted:

I hope this show lasts long enough (or has a time jump) for Philip and Elizabeth to experience and react to December 25th, 1991.

I want to see how this show handles the whole "Well poo poo, what NOW?" dynamic.

It would be pretty disappointing if it didn't. That happens and there's no more Centre so the Jennings are hung out to dry. By then their kids will be adults too.

I could also see them getting caught right before that and being the last spy swap before the USSR collapses. Forcing them to leave their kids behind.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

wukkar posted:

Do you guys actually believe that when the KGB split into the FSB and FIS that the heads of the FIS actually said "nah this program isn't worth continuing"?

No, but there would be 1) a period of chaos and instability, 2) the political environment would give the program a different scope (no assassination or going after high profile national security programs), and 3) those things would put Phillip and Elizabeth in a position of having to fend for themselves in a way they wouldn't anticipate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think something 'unfortunate' is going to happen to Gabriel (which might explain why Claudia/Margo is scheduled to appear later in the season), since I think Phil has finally figured out that 1) he's the one who keeps egging Liz to turn Paige after last episode's 'do whatever it takes' quip, and 2) that he realizes that ever since Liz dimed him as a potential defector who was "too comfortable" in his cover, that the Center still doesn't trust him. If you look back on it, most of the 'big jobs' have fallen to Liz since then - Phil's honestly just her 'support' at this point.

I don't know. Phillip is handling all the major Afghanistan ops. He's running point on a high level CIA official. He's running Yousef. He's also handling Martha which is their biggest source of intel to the FBI. Elizabeth's solo ops seem somewhat minor in comparison and almost got her nabbed in the season premiere.

• Locked thread