Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I am so excited for this.

:commissar:
(Formerly Colonial Air Force)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Annett Mahendru's name is in the opening credits, as opposed to a "guest star" after-opening credits deal, so she must be prominent at some point in the season.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

I live in Cardiff and if I ever see Matthew Rhys in the streets I would probably get chills for a second before remembering he's not actually a real Russian spy.

That reminds me, I was expecting Philip to see an ad for the Cardiff Giant in that PC Magazine.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

She looks good as a punker, he basically looks like that 40 year old burnout who wishes he was still a punker.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Accretionist posted:

retire to Montana :3:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Recognized for your talent at a young age and trained to do so, like every other profession in Soviet Russia.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Yeah it was the first time I wasn't annoyed by Stan Jr's acting.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

howe_sam posted:

If Martha dies right now that has a very real probability of shedding an uncomfortable amount of light on her private life.

That was my thought as well, except there's not a lot to clean up in the apartment to cover Phil's tracks. A couple photos, maybe a letter or two, and wipe up some fingerprints.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

"The Spy Who Loved Me" - Martha Hanson Westerfeld

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Falukorv posted:

Maybe good for the Russians it's the B-2, because the F-117 seems flawed. I may be talking out of my rear end, but when i hear F-117 the first thing that comes to mind is "shot down by Chetniks with a Soviet relic".

You should read up on that story, because the same technique would have worked against a B-2.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

JohnSherman posted:

I'm glad that the show has addressed that, both in the last season and this one. The lack of family would seem to be pretty jarring. I mean, growing up I had dozens of extended family members that I saw at least a couple times a year, and several more on top of that who sent yearly Christmas cards.

I'm honestly a bit surprised that there wasn't a fleshed out plan for when the kids started getting inquisitive about their family, emergency fake aunts notwithstanding.

I only had a few that I saw regularly.

As it is, my wife and I moved across the country, and until my nephew moved out here we had no family at all. Sort of different now in the age of cell phones and the Internet, but it's not that upsetting. My kids don't seem to mind.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

zVxTeflon posted:

He uses Phillips wigs to seduce mrs Beeman

He's actually so inherently good at spycraft, he's her other man, but no one noticed.

He's also the EST guy.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Guildencrantz posted:

It would also probably be quite realistic. The Center are idiots for trying to drag Paige into the whole thing at the exact worst age for it, right in the most rebellious part of her teenage years when she's trying to be her own person. Younger kids tend to be extremely family-minded and they'll mostly go along with whatever their parents say and do. If the Russians had had that "second generation illegals" idea a few years earlier, Paige and Henry could have both been easily indoctrinated into becoming amazing spies.

(The way it's going makes for better drama though)

It's a lot harder to indoctrinate young children secretly, though. They'd go to school and start preaching communism.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I'm sort of curious why Walter White was teaching a sex seminar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

It's mentioned like a hundred times over 12 episodes though?

• Locked thread