Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
So excited to have this back on the air. Hopefully it will pick up more viewers this season because there aren't that many compelling shows left on TV right now and this has a couple seasons for people to binge watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Don't forget Henry and his hot bikini pic of Mrs. Beeman!

Which he probably stole from their house.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
I really enjoy this show and think it is the best thing on TV right now and I think the most remarkable aspect of it is that viewers really do like Phil and Liz and in a way we cheer for them despite the fact that they are horrible people on a mission to destroy America and Capitalism. In the most recent episode we got to see Liz calmly kill an innocent guy by removing the jack from underneath his car and crushing his body. They didn't show the level of brutality that we saw in previous episodes but it is probably one of the most painful ways we have seen someone killed in the series. And then the montage at the end showing Phil's sexual training at the end did a very good job of showing us how much preparation went in to making them these horrible people that we enjoy watching. They are very good at what they do but what they do is downright evil and the best part is we know they will lose the war they are fighting.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit

Riled Shareef posted:

Do you guys think this is the best season of TV this year so far? I guess this or Better Call Saul?

There's quite a few contenders that have yet to begin / finish (GOT, Hannibal, Rectify), but in my opinion this is the show to beat right now! Fantastic batch of episodes!

I think it was very good but I was disappointed by the way the season finished up. It felt like very little happened in the last few episodes other than setting up anticipation for next season.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit

bowser posted:

I think this season will be a fantastic one...when watched as part of a marathon of the series. As a standalone season, though, it was really lacking a sense of urgency.

If they just had one more episode to set up the stories for Martha and Paige after what happened in the last episode it would have built a lot more drama. The Americans has developed a habit of their making their first episodes of each season hit very hard and I think we will be pleased by the start of the next season but in my opinion the final episode was a letdown.

• Locked thread