Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

qirex posted:

I've never once drunk a budweiser on purpose and they've probably spent several hundred dollars trying to convince me to do so

that's because they're not advertising to you, they're advertising to alcoholics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

definitely, 10% of the country kills two 30 racks a week and the other 90% enable them

coke is not advertising to you, the reasonably self controlled it professional, they're advertising to the diabetic amputee who still drains a two liter with each meal

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol I bet it was the grumpy cat christmas special

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol my mother and sister audibly gasped at child death

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

infernal machines posted:

wtf is with this game anyway?

it's like 2 to 1 ads to content because absolutely dick all appears to happen 90% of the time

neither team can pass because each team's pass defense is so good
passing is entertaining ergo

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

a buttload of punts means a buttload of ads

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

holy loving cross promotion nfl

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

pagancow posted:

was just talking about this at the party I'm at

lol

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

looking forward to more clips from this

instead i watched top gear and the americans

well nbc has good news if you like the americans

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Phoning It In posted:

oh poo poo i forgot to watch the superbowl

it was really great until the very end

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

my mother asked "is budweiser a premium beer?" after that ad so gj inbev, you now have the revenue of my mother's six-pack per year

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Beast of Bourbon posted:

pete rose was right though, he should be in the hall of fame

sorry, we live in a world where interfering with the "integrity of the game" takes precedence over far more heinous crimes

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

p happy the lovely iphone games did poorly

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

lol

but what was the ad? baths are dangerous, watch grown mean get head injuries now?

it was a little kid telling a bunch of little kid stories that they animated and then he says "that won't happen. because i'm dead." cut to a montage of an overflowing bathtub, a tipped over television, and something else. boom.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

qirex posted:

beer nerd friends of mine are legit mad about that ad

making fun of effete elitists is an old chestnut though

hard to be a beer nerd and make it into the top 20% of drinkers that ad was for, killing a six pack of delirium tremens daily would get q costly

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

can we talk about ads (esp fuckin miller) that do fake subliminal advertising and then talk about how they're doing subliminal advertising? it's grating

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

that's because they're not advertising to you, they're advertising to alcoholics

quoting because it blows my mind that one in ten american adults has ten drinks a day on average

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

infernal machines posted:

eh?

i thought there was oodles of evidence that subliminal advertising was basically useless. unless you mean the boring kind pagancow is always on about re: branding making you associate the brand with a cherished memory

no it's just beer companies and the like flashing half naked women while they try hard to joke about it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i'm guessing for a lot of those people their weekends frequently consist of 25+ drinks in a single day

exactly

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol you gotta be real insecure to lash out against that like a girl ad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

As a Millennial I posted:

nationwide is in the news again this week for firing a woman because she asked to be able to pump breast milk at work. go look at their facebook for a laugh

btw the court ruled against her in the lawsuit because "men can lactate too," and the supreme court denied her appeal

better yet they didn't say "you're fired" they said "go be with your kids", which she did and was then fired for leaving work

she was so overworked that she was lactating uncontrollably and couldn't use the lactation room because they were "processing her paperwork"

• Locked thread