Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Angry living elves that pretend they're undead because it's scarier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was never clear if they're ghost-y because of the dimension hopping or because gently caress you why not.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Given that there are more plot flags that can be imported from a save, I'm surprised we aren't getting the option to set all those flags and are instead getting just the 5 questions. I get not wanting to make the conversation with the chronicler overlong for newcomers, but that conversation isn't really for newcomers anyway. It's too bad there isn't an option to have a longer conversation or a "Witcher Keep".

I fully expect that it'll be added via patch at some point.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Orv posted:

I was never clear if they're ghost-y because of the dimension hopping or because gently caress you why not.

It's easier to send wraiths over than real dudes. The wraiths are basically magical UAVs controlled by elf dudes.

The elf dudes come over themselves on really important missions.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

GrossMurpel posted:

This is the page of the article it 's on. Under the subheader "Wenige Übernahmen" it roughly says:
If there's one thing that disappoints us about the story, it's this: At the end of the prolog, we can reconstruct only five of our decisions from Witcher 2. And even these five only influence which side characters appear.
The political climate and general story remain unchanged by this. Witcher 1 decisions are completely out of the question; None of them will be imported, even if you imported a W1 save into W2.
At least if you import a W2 save, more than five choices will be imported.

Shakugan posted:

Given that there are more plot flags that can be imported from a save, I'm surprised we aren't getting the option to set all those flags and are instead getting just the 5 questions. I get not wanting to make the conversation with the chronicler overlong for newcomers, but that conversation isn't really for newcomers anyway. It's too bad there isn't an option to have a longer conversation or a "Witcher Keep".

I fully expect that it'll be added via patch at some point.

I guess that it means that I'll be cancelling my PS4 version order and wait until I can afford a new PC instead since it irks me that the simple act of adding more choices to your world state isn't in for the console versions.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Sylphosaurus posted:

I guess that it means that I'll be cancelling my PS4 version order and wait until I can afford a new PC instead since it irks me that the simple act of adding more choices to your world state isn't in for the console versions.

I don't know if it's that big of a deal since CDProjekt aren't taking the whole choice thing as far as bioware did.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

It's easier to send wraiths over than real dudes. The wraiths are basically magical UAVs controlled by elf dudes.

The elf dudes come over themselves on really important missions.

How did no-one come and lock you away when you wrote that.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Lord Lambeth posted:

I don't know if it's that big of a deal since CDProjekt aren't taking the whole choice thing as far as bioware did.

Bioware did anything with the choice thing?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Lord Lambeth posted:

Yeah, I know that it really isn't a big deal but I guess I'm just that kind of gamer the enjoys those little details that you get from an import :shobon:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Orv posted:

How did no-one come and lock you away when you wrote that.

I still have civil rights no matter what Nilfgaard says.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

Bioware did anything with the choice thing?

Well they tried to anyway. Obviously they hosed up here and there because the whole idea is a logistical nightmare.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm just saying the worst case scenario on save imports is basically taking it exactly as far as Bioware did. TW2 already took save importing as far as Bioware did. A cool cameo and some lines here and there.

Bioware made a huge deal out of it in marketing I guess, and CDPR didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
New thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720352

• Locked thread