Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

But is there male nudity this time around? I'm cool looking at virtual boobs, but where are my virtual dongs? I call for equality!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Let's assume she's just using Geralt and doesn't actually love/like him. Boy toy and nearly invincible bodyguard, especially nice if your local union actually IS evil.

But she does! She was always jealous of Yennefer's relationship with Geralt, to the point of magically manipulating him into sleeping with her. It was basically a case of a little sister wanting just what her big sister has. She does have feelings for him, but if you think she didn't use the losing his memory thing to her advantage, I don't know what to tell you. I imagine this will come up in W3 if Yenn has her memory back. Her's and Triss' relationship was already damaged due to the aforementioned loving. Should be interesting.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I've asked the devs in their various QAs but nobody wants to tell me if there is next gen male nudity in W3. Less tits and more cocks please.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Here is everything that German guy said summed up and translated on Neogaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1014355

Active beard growing! :getin:

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

What did you accidentally say?? Spill it!

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Khagan posted:

The First 15 mins video on IGN seems to be missing some prior exposition. I like that obstacle traversing is much smoother now though.

Yeah, it cuts out the opening cinematic.

Here is a link to the video: http://me.ign.com/en/the-witcher-3-xbox-one-1/104580/video/the-first-15-minutes-of-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-ig

It's mostly gameplay and it looks so nice.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Forget system requirements and watch this really awesome trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYwe_WHARdc

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I put that whale there

Did you, or anybody you know on the team, throw in any easter eggs for players to find? I don't know how one would resist.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I thought it was Sting...

No, it's Sting wearing a mask that is also Sting.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Is there a website that hosts Witcher 2 completed saves? Mine was lost at some point and I don't currently have the time to play through it again. Or will there be a setup like the console versions where you have the option to enter in your choices?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Archimago posted:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30709-(SPOILERS)The-Witcher-2-Save-Game-Files

Take your pick, dude has like every possible variation available. Obviously, lots of spoilers for TW2 in there so anyone who cares about that shouldn't click.

Thank you, this is perfect!

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Avalanche posted:

Taken from Neogaf from an interview with one of the devs:

How many motion capture balls does it take to properly motion capture some dude's balls? Is Geralt's dick the reason why the Xbone version is stuck at 900p?

Honestly the fact you guys can do this kind of stuff and have these conversations is pretty awesome since there isn't any other dev team or publisher on the planet that wouldn't throw a poo poo fit over it.

Well it's easy to be sterile when you lack genitalia.

Sounds like they throw on a dick mesh for appropriate cutscenes but keep him modest in the field. No running around the Northern Kingdoms hanging loose sadly.

Lava Lamp Goddess fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 17, 2015

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Bort Bortles posted:

Djenje Frett? Really?

The games have always had weird little pop culture references in them. Hell, Witcher 2 has both a LoTR reference and, for some reason, a reference to the sequel of Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny. I mean, what?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

NeurosisHead posted:

What's the Wolfenstein reference?

From this wiki page http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_2_Easter_Eggs :

Witcher Wiki posted:

In Vergen, if Geralt loses the game of dice poker with Skalen Burdon, the dwarf will mention a character named Blazkovitz, who sought the Spear of Destiny. This is a reference to the main character of the Wolfenstein game series and namely to the expansion to Wolfenstein 3D: Spear of Destiny.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I'd like to thank my gaming hard drive for dying now and not closer to the 19th. At least I have time to get a new one before the crazy happens.

I also scheduled my tonsillectomy for two days after the game comes out. Three weeks to enjoy The Witcher 3 while high on pain medicine!

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Obviously didn't happen, but I want to believe someone told the artists they were cribbing from Berserk a bit too much. :allears:

The first thing I thought of when seeing The King "Oh hey, it's Gaiseric". I fully doubt it is intentional, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the concept artists were familiar with Berserk.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

From watching the Gamespot vid on character creation/animating, I believe technically you could put any of the hair styles in the game on Geralt's model. Wether that's an option though is yet to be seen.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Hold up, hold up... we have a fight in a bathhouse... and Geralt keeps his towel on the whole time?

Tsk tsk. The whole time I thought there was no Geralt dong because there was no really appropriate situation for it, but it's right there.

For shame, CDPR, for shame.

But with all the other dudes fighting, it would just crash the game with all the dong physics. Dong overload!

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Leave them in towels, problem solved.

Only Geralt is man enough to fight with his junk hanging out!

Comte, do you guys not have a physics model for like, a salami hanging to dry from the rafters of a butcher or something? Just use that!

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I just wanna watch Vinny play and enjoy the game. His exuberance for things he loves is my favorite. I sent him some translated Witcher short stories a few years ago, got me mentioned on the Bombcast. :3:

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

An open world game without bugs is like a day without a sunrise. Not that it gives them a free pass, but I think everyone goes in expecting them.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Congrats man! Get totally wasted with the rest of the team in celebration!

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Of course it's a German website.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

As it stands, the game could look like it was an N64 game and I would still play the poo poo out of it. No game is free of issues and thankfully none of them so far sound game breaking.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

For those waiting on Giant Bomb, Vinny and Alex are going to be streaming Witcher 3 tomorrow starting at 2pm EST. Sure to be a good time for all.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I always failed that knife throwing game instantly since I took too long to find whatever they wanted me to aim at. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wait, why are there two threads? I assumed this one was closed and bookmarked the other one.

One is for humans and the other is for monsters, duh!

(The other thread is the monster thread)

• Locked thread