Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I will be deeply surprised if this ever comes out in any way, shape or form. There was a lot of discussion (read: howls of laughter) when it was going on in the Kickstarter thread, because it was clear none of the principals had any idea how to develop an MMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
~verisimilitude~

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Actually just read this whole page, hahaha

Guys people are mad that we explicitly encouraging spawncamping people until all their gear is gone??? why are they quitting, this is a mystery???

This reminds me of an early UO dev innocently describing the first gank squads as the spontaneous formation of tribal groups.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

I had to make sure that wasn't out of five.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Eox posted:

What the gently caress does open enrolment even mean. I can give them my email address, set a password, shell out 15 bucks and sift through this virtual trash pile with dozens of other vagrants already. Does open enrolment just mean it's okay to do that? Should I feel bad for the twenty minutes of my free trial that I played? was I stealing food right out of Danceys mouth by not waiting for the word go?

From context, open enrolment looks like a weaselly way of saying they're dropping any pretense of alpha testing or development, and calling the whole shitpile officially released.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure he doesn't exist outside of demented arguments that wear the skins of hapless analogies in an attempt to feel desirable.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I think I pulled something trying to out-ridiculous that guy. Ow.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
buttlord

sneak attack

I chortled.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Arcland posted:

I forgot about that kickstarter. I'm surprised they managed to even get 21k worth of interest with this quote.

"The best way to describe this MMORPG is think of all the good things in Second life, WoW, Rift, SWTOR all rolled up into one game."

I'm not. MMOs have always drawn a surreal number of true believers and the naive, from pure vapor poo poo like Rune Conquest and Dawn/Glitchless, to impossible dreams like Horizons under its original head dev, and whatever Alexander Delarge has made a new thread for this week. Even here, there's always a few posters who are convinced that the latest ridiculous design doc will lead to the best thing ever, and will defend it to the limits of their e-honour.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, I was surprised to see Horizons launch even with what it had. That original head dev of theirs was the living incarnation of feature creep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
There were a couple of goons who liked to break them over their knees too, I recall.