Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Problem description: Speedtest.net shows ~7 Mbps on my new laptop, an Asus UX303LA, even right near the router. On my desktop connected by Ethernet to my router, I get about 30 Mbps. On my iPhone, speedtest.net measured the speed at ~30 Mbps near the router. MacBook farther away shows ~20Mbps.

With the speed as it is, Netflix constantly buffers in HD along with other obvious symptoms of a bad connection, but only on this new laptop.

Attempted fixes: What have you tried to do to resolve the problem? All the usual stuff, made sure Intel WiFi driver is the newest available from ASUS.

Recent changes: Have you made any changes to your system/configuration recently that might have caused the problem? New PC, not really

Operating system: Win 8.1

System specs: Asus UX303LA i5 8GB RAM 128GB SSD.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

edit: It's working now, I did some router finagling and after rearranging the antennas it seems to be normal. Nevermind!

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jan 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread