Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014
in startropics he didn't have the instruction booklet to know what the code was to move on, so he spent hours typing in number combinations until he got it right

and he still remembers what number it is til this day, because i occasionally ask him to check (protip: it's 747)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
The only game my father is remotely good at is Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Watching him play it almost makes me forget he's a bigoted, verbally- and emotionally-abusive rear end in a top hat who refuses to get a job.

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014

1upclock posted:

The only game my father is remotely good at is Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Watching him play it almost makes me forget he's a bigoted, verbally- and emotionally-abusive rear end in a top hat who refuses to get a job.

:(

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

AtlasToked posted:

in startropics he didn't have the instruction booklet to know what the code was to move on, so he spent hours typing in number combinations until he got it right

and he still remembers what number it is til this day, because i occasionally ask him to check (protip: it's 747)

my dad just looked it up on the internet because he's smarter than your dad

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
My Dad used to play game boy Tetris all the time. I'm pretty sure he used to make up reasons to ground me so he could hang on to the damned thing.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

my dad does not play video games, because he does not like them

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
My dad is currently really into elite, and is looking forward to star citizen.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Metal Gear on the nes was ripe for getting arcane poo poo by trying different code combinations. I could not figure it out and ...

Alarm!

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
my dad never played video games and is dead. coincidence???

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
my buddy's dad taught him to read with ff4. and then my buddy introduced me to ff4, by proxy i owe him a debt of gratitude

he also owned us in red alert and starcraft (bgh like a true gangster)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

my dad does not play video games, because he does not like them

having parents who don't game is awful

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

mabels big day posted:

:smith:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

my dad played the star trek mmorpg for a long time

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
My dad downloaded me game hints and shareware from BBSes and got me to grind for him in Dragon Warrior and now he just plays bubble witch saga and it's like seeing a famous author reading a little golden book intently

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
The only game my dad ever liked was simpsons hit and run. He was really bad at it though so every time I visited him he made me play it so I could unlock more stuff for him.

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

my dad just looked it up on the internet because he's smarter than your dad

my dad is old as poo poo and there was no internet when he did this so lay off my dad fucker

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

one time when i was a teenager i decided to try doom. my dad loved doom. so im playing it in my room all alone and im already scared and he jumps up behind me, grabs my shoulders, and lets loose a blood-curdling scream right as i get to some horrifying boss

i havent played doom since

tw: doom, dads

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
My dad won't play anything more complicated than solitaire.

I once saw him play a vintage pacman machine in a science museum. He wasn't very good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

my dad plays flight sims

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
while my mom was pregnant with me my mom and dad kept setting higher scores than the other in a mario bros machine at a local arcade and my mom kept having cravings for mountain dew

i was an epic gamer even before i was born

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

it really is

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my mom beats the gently caress out of me at tetris every time I play

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the only game my dad plays is Dr. Mario on game boy when he's on the can

when he had a daily exercise routine he also played it on the NES, but we don't have that system anymore and he's too frail these days to exercise for an hour daily like he used to

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
My dad used to play Duck Hunt with me, anddd thats it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

my dad plays flight sims

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

my dad plays wow and often levels by just monster grinding and not questing.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I tried to get my dad to play Diablo (he really wanted to start with 1) but he gave up when he got to the butcher. My dad is apparently a 7 year old.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

1upclock posted:

gently caress you, son. I needs me beans now.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

startropics sucks and your dad is stupid for doing that

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
My dad kept an Apple 2 in his room that he only used to play the Prince of Persia games on because the Apple versions were way better than the DOS and console versions.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Anyone else have some epic gamer dad feels and nostalgia bombs to drop ITT?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
my dad played some TMNT basketball tiger handheld obsessively until vodka was more appealing as a daily ritual

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
My dad owned me at mortal kombat every time we played when I was a kid. Later he'd stay up with me and watch as I played rpgs, and we'd talk about the plot like it was a tv show we were both really into. What a cool guy.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

my dad was one of the top players in City of Heroes

he found an exploit in an instanced quest where perpetually spawning enemies dropped lots of money. So he would farm that quest pretty much every night (without actually finishing it) and got more money than nearly every player in the game. He and his guild mates got so much cash, the developers patched the game so the spawned enemies wouldn't drop money or experience anymore.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My dad is pure rear end at gaming I believe but, rest assured, I will be extremely a better gamer than my child.

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014

mysterious loyall X posted:

I don't need this shaming

Flanky
Jun 2, 2011
My dad would never play games now, but when I was a kid I would make him play games for me like a tiny fat Roman emperor. He actually beat Sonic 2, which is pretty impressive for someone who doesn't like video games

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

apropos to nothing posted:

my dad never played video games and is dead. coincidence???

my dad never played video games and he is a convicted criminal

non-gamers should be euthanized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014

Doctor Goat posted:

while my mom was pregnant with me my mom and dad kept setting higher scores than the other in a mario bros machine at a local arcade and my mom kept having cravings for mountain dew

i was an epic gamer even before i was born

that is pretty epic for sure, the mountain dew must have given you powers

my dad doesn't really play many games anymore, but my mom has a 3ds and plays pokemon and animal crossing on occasion

• Locked thread