Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-27-dragons-dogma-online-revealed

quote:

Capcom has announced Dragon's Dogma Online, a new MMO-style entry in the fantasy role-playing game series.

. . .

A Capcom UK representative told Eurogamer this morning that there are no plans to release Dragon's Dogma Online in the west, so don't hold your breath.

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
don't worry they'll do another hi-larious bad boxart megaman insert into something and then cancel 3 other megaman things

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

sword_man.gif posted:

don't worry they'll do another hi-larious bad boxart megaman insert into something and then cancel 3 other megaman things

If you say so

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

are you upset they are making a mmo or that you wont get to play a mmo

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

sword_man.gif posted:

Nah, they're going to get a 3rd party studio to reboot Megaman as a cover-based shooter and characterize him as a mix of Marcus Fenix and Adrien Pierce.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

SirPhoebos posted:

Nah, they're going to get a 3rd party studio to reboot Megaman as a cover-based shooter and characterize him as a mix of Marcus Fenix and Adrien Pierce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olYCsHuqjOo

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

honestly outside of pheonix wright games i don't really gaf what capcom does

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Didnt capcom say dragons dogma sold really well for a brand new series

hmmmm yes lets do things that dont make us money instead of things that do. -Capcom

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

elf help book posted:

are you upset they are making a mmo or that you wont get to play a mmo

The first part.

Not releasing it in the west is probably just a mercy now that I think about it

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Japanese game studios are managed by complete retards

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
They could have just made a new coop dragons dogma and it would have sold a bunch probably instead of doing whatever version of a mmo this is

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

im having a big case of deja-vu right now. sorry its not related to this thread but this was the last one I posted in I just wanted everyone to know

thanks

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SarutosZero posted:

They could have just made a new coop dragons dogma and it would have sold a bunch probably instead of doing whatever version of a mmo this is

Honestly it sounds like it might be more like PSO than a real MMO (lobbies with 100 players, groups of 4/raids of 8), and those have a better chance of not being lovely than full MMOs.

But they should've just made another single-player Dragon's Dogma and just improved on what was already there and it would be beautiful and instead Capcom went and did the Capcom thing of ruining everything good they've ever done

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I don't think they hate anybody, they're just incompetent at times.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I'd play this and love it. gently caress the haters.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I like thinking that the dragon's dogma mmo will just be hundreds of dudes clinging on to every monster

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Megaman is rebooted as a rebellious yet vulnerable maverick hunter.

Zero: "Megaman I'm authorizing you to use your charge shot"

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Blackheart posted:

that is to say, all the time.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

I like thinking that the dragon's dogma mmo will just be hundreds of dudes clinging on to every monster
Dragon's Dogma Online will actually be an elaborate 3D re-imagining of Mount Your Friends.

Dec 26, 2012

just port dragon's dogma to pc, gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

b-b-but piracy! nevermind that it will sell millions of copies and turn a huge profit, if a small fraction of people playing it got it illegally what is the loving point huh??

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Blackheart posted:

this except that they're incompetent all the time

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

this except that they're incompetent all the time

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

qnqnx posted:

Japanese game studios are managed by complete retards

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
sony and nintendo, at least, know what they are doing

though honestly after 100 years of no Last Guardian i'm starting to get very skeptical that sony is actually still smart

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

01011001 posted:

it's a waste of time because nobody in japan owns a computer

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Maybe last guardian isnt out yet because all the builds they've done have been bad and they cant figure out how to make it fun

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Overbite posted:

Maybe last guardian isnt out yet because all the builds they've done have been bad and they cant figure out how to make it fun

i appreciate the optimism

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I think the last Capcom game I enjoyed was the first Dead Rising. :geno:

They could close up shop for all I care.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

waht the gently caress

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fly Into Free To Play

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

capcom makes monster hunter, which is still good somehow

they are holding a lot of great franchises hostage though and their aversion to PC ports is really frustrating. could you imagine how much MvC3 ultimate would sell if they just put it up on steam?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Crapcom.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

the elder scrolls online

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
Somedays I have to check to make sure the president of Capcom isn't Dr. Wily himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

• Locked thread