Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'm in the money at 2nd, after being 9th at the all-star break. I streamed an 8.29 ERA and 1.57WHiP yesterday and lost 2 points in the standings. 3rd place behind me somehow lost loving 8.

I now have a ten point lead with 5 days to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, Adam Wainwright is back pitching already. :stare:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My Kingdom for an every day OF

I somehow ended up with 4 and two were Braun/Adam Jones. I've been trying to get guys but I literally haven't had a 3 OF in about a week. I can't scoop lineups either because it's moves process the next day. :argh:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Spoeank posted:

I can't scoop lineups either because it's moves process the next day. :argh:

Yeah, I hated that about Yahoo, you had to plan everything the night before, I did it for pitcher streaming in the playoffs, but during the regular season when a guy had an off day, it would have been nice to be able to pick up a bat the day of.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Senf posted:

so I picked up Mikie Mahtook to take me to the promised land.

And of course he was given a day off today and I didn't notice until now :argh:

but hey what's up Heyward :allears:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Having Marcus Stroman as a 21st round keeper next year is going to be p fuckin cool

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Lindor for 5 Stanton for 34 and IDK who I will keep as my third, probably Blackmon for 19 and then try to trade some of my other guys for an additional keeper spot or auction bux, gonna be p cool!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I can keep 7 of these; 3 hitters, 3 pitchers, and a choice:

2) Votto
5) Altuve
12) Kluber
14) Arrieta
16) Braun
17) Nelson/Verlander
18) Iwakuma
19) Hamilton
20) Ventura
22) Stroman

I could keep Stroman for free in the 23rd and not have him count as one of the 7, but then the next year he'd jump all the way up to the round below whoever my lowest guy is and I'm not sure if it's worth the gamble when I can just get him at a crazy low round. I'm also thinking about trying to package Kluber and Braun/Hamilton for a better long-term hitter.

If I can't make a trade I'm probably going to end up with: Votto, Altuve, Kluber, Arrieta, Braun/Hamilton, Iwakuma, and Stroman. I'd add in either Ventura or keep both outfielders if I decide to take a shot on using that free keeper slot on Stroman. I might just try to blow it up and move Kluber, Braun, AND Hamilton for a better hitter then do: Votto, Altuve, other hitter, Arrietta, Iwakuma, Ventura, Nelson, and Stroman

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 1, 2015

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

FAAB is tricky. I spent liberally and got pretty much every FA I wanted (except Gallo, and that worked out alright). And I made the finals. And now I have no money left and Rand Al Paul can outbid me for streaming SPs and I can't do a drat thing about it.

FAAB is really quite weird, I like it better than just free-for-all waivers, but I'm not sure if I should make it nightly?

Also I'm loving my Carlos Correa for $0 like three weeks before he was promoted.

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS
I went to bed last night after Carrasco got shelled and Machado and Davis went 0 for whatever, and I was down 6-1 in the finals.

Then I woke up to 9 runs, 5 homers, 10 rbi and an SB and we're at 4-4 again. Fantasy baseball, you fickle bitch.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I can keep 7 of these; 3 hitters, 3 pitchers, and a choice:

2) Votto
5) Altuve
12) Kluber
14) Arrieta
16) Braun
17) Nelson/Verlander
18) Iwakuma
19) Hamilton
20) Ventura
22) Stroman

I could keep Stroman for free in the 23rd and not have him count as one of the 7, but then the next year he'd jump all the way up to the round below whoever my lowest guy is and I'm not sure if it's worth the gamble when I can just get him at a crazy low round. I'm also thinking about trying to package Kluber and Braun/Hamilton for a better long-term hitter.

If I can't make a trade I'm probably going to end up with: Votto, Altuve, Kluber, Arrieta, Braun/Hamilton, Iwakuma, and Stroman. I'd add in either Ventura or keep both outfielders if I decide to take a shot on using that free keeper slot on Stroman. I might just try to blow it up and move Kluber, Braun, AND Hamilton for a better hitter then do: Votto, Altuve, other hitter, Arrietta, Iwakuma, Ventura, Nelson, and Stroman

Are those the rounds you can keep them in? Snake draft or auction?

If Stroman pitches like this in the playoffs I'd say there's no way he falls to the 22nd round. He's been excellent since coming back.

Kluber/Arrieta/Stroman is a drat solid start to a rotation, especially considering they start at the 12th round.

Then Altuve/Braun for sure, Votto in the 2nd is probably pretty good if he is healthy next year.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
WHO THINK RICH HILL HAS ONE MORE MAGIC NIGHT IN HIM?!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

DoctaFun posted:

Are those the rounds you can keep them in? Snake draft or auction?

If Stroman pitches like this in the playoffs I'd say there's no way he falls to the 22nd round. He's been excellent since coming back.

Kluber/Arrieta/Stroman is a drat solid start to a rotation, especially considering they start at the 12th round.

Then Altuve/Braun for sure, Votto in the 2nd is probably pretty good if he is healthy next year.

It's a snake draft, with a random order, so the fact that I'm about to win it all means nothing :smugdog::smith:

It was a 12 team league, that's now down to 10, but we're trying to get back up to 12. Those are the rounds I'd be able to keep those guys in next year. I'm trying to look toward the future because Braun won't be around forever, and I probably won't keep Votto once he's a 1st round pick after next year; so that really leaves Altuve as my only stud hitter, and he'll soon be too expensive to keep himself, which is why I'm entertaining the thought of trying to move Kluber+ for a younger hitter. The guy who I'm targeting is Correa because the guy that has him is pretty much barren for keepers except for Correa, so I'm hoping he might be desperate enough to take a Kluber/Braun/Hamilton package which would leave me with Votto, Altuve, and Correa as keepers for hitters and then Arrieta, Iwakuma, Ventura, and Stroman for pitchers which, although not as good of a stable as it would be with Kluber in there instead of Ventura/Iwakuma, still pretty decent in it's own right and I'd have a stud SS I could keep pretty much forever.

We have a rule, we call them "Project Keepers", where any player drafted in the last 6 rounds can be kept for free (doesn't count against your keepers and doesn't move up a round) for the first year, but if you keep him after that, he moves to the round following your lowest player. I drafted Stroman in the 23rd and IR'd him with plans to use that keeper slot on him, but now he's back and looking so good, that I'm wondering if I should just bite the bullet, use one of my main keeper slots on him, and lock him in at a 22nd round value. Usually, you get 6 keepers (3 pitchers, 3 hitters) but if you win the league, like I'm going to, you get a 7th keeper of your choice. So I could take the gamble of keeping Stroman as that project keeper, essentially buying myself an 8th keeper, and as long as I can keep someone next year with a fairly low round, I can still lock Stroman in for a song.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 1, 2015

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Despite not needing to decide for many many months, I can't help but look at keepers this early. Our league is a 12 team, 4x4 roto with OPS/R/RBI/SB & IP/K/ERA/WHIP as the categories, with a hard start limit set at 162. Our first keeper is base cost + $1, second is +$4, third is +$8, fourth is +$13, etc etc. I'm looking at the following...

Locks:
Anthony Rizzo, base cost $8
Jake Arrieta, $13

Major Considerations:
Rougned Odor, $2
Charlie Blackmon, $18
Brian Dozier, $10

Also-Rans:
Carlos Rodon, $5
Kevin Pillar, $5
Prince Fielder, $14
Starling Marte, $24
Mad Bum, $35

At the moment I'm leaning toward Rizzo +1, Odor +4, Arrieta +8, and possibly Blackmon +13. Rizzo +1 is pretty much a guarantee, other stuff is pretty fluid.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Nooooo.
David Price won't make anymore starts. So now I won't reach the start limit for the season :( I was hoping he'd at least get a mini-start like Kershaw so I'd get the IP.

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS
What happens to rained out games at the end of a season? I need Machado's homer to count goddamnit.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

DeepDickPizza posted:

I lost in the semifinals in a 6-6 tie where I had like a 25 game regular season advantage on the guy who beat me. I still think H2H is more fun, even though it's capriciousness cost me hundreds of dollars in winnings.

I lost the final with a 5-5 tie to the #1 team. #1 team dominated all year but I was controlling the finals. Had I played one OF instead of another the final Sunday I would have won due to 1 SB.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Tank44 posted:

I lost the final with a 5-5 tie to the #1 team. #1 team dominated all year but I was controlling the finals. Had I played one OF instead of another the final Sunday I would have won due to 1 SB.

:smith::respek::smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My team in the championship lost Matt Kemp (who quietly put up another top-50 season for those of you not paying attention) but JD Martinez was a free agent for some reason. Hopefully he plays this weekend.

Also it reminded me to pull Dickerson off the DL :lol:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Welp, finished fifth out of ten in my league.

My keeper situation is pretty drat good for next season, though I'd like a bit of advice on it.

The locks (with what round I'd keep them with):

Nolan Arenado (15th round)
Jacob deGrom (23rd round)
Noah Syndergaard (25th round)

I can keep up to five players (and nobody taken in the first three rounds), and I've narrowed the remaining to two of the following:

Sonny Gray (8th round)
Todd Frazier (21st round)
Anthony Rendon (18th round)
Andrew Heaney (24th round)
Francisco Lindor (24th round)

I'm personally leaning toward Gray and one of Rendon or Lindor.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
What about the Toddfather? He trailed off a ton in the second half, but that's good value.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

mentholmoose posted:

My keeper situation is pretty drat good for next season, though I'd like a bit of advice on it.

I can keep up to five players (and nobody taken in the first three rounds), and I've narrowed the remaining to two of the following:

Sonny Gray (8th round)

what happens if you keep less than five?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

IcePhoenix posted:

My team in the championship lost Matt Kemp (who quietly put up another top-50 season for those of you not paying attention) but JD Martinez was a free agent for some reason. Hopefully he plays this weekend.

We are facing off against each other.

Looks like Martinez was dropped in a last-ditch effort to try and secure the 5th place game (it worked!).

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IcePhoenix posted:

He's ranked 51st in our league. :colbert:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

mentholmoose posted:

Sonny Gray (8th round)

There's no way you don't keep Frazier here. 21st round for a guy that's a top 30 player two years running? :rock:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I'm hoping to win both championships this week, but the future is looking good in my two keeper leagues..We'll be keep 8 in one (and adding one a year until we hit 10) and 7 in the other with no values in either:

Votto
Bryant
Machado
Tulowitzki
Harper
Pollock
Schwarber
Pederson

and

Goldschmidt
Russell
Bogaerts
Lindor
Heyward
Pollock
Pederson

I've discovered that drafts are extra important in 16-team leagues :tipshat:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Abel Wingnut posted:

what happens if you keep less than five?

Nothing really, I'd just get an extra draft pick. But considering I've got multiple viable keepers in the last five rounds (it's a 25 round draft) I don't see why I wouldn't keep five players.

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

There's no way you don't keep Frazier here. 21st round for a guy that's a top 30 player two years running? :rock:

Frazier's been awful since the All-Star Break, which is why I was considering not keeping him. Though I've got a long time to figure that out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Twin Cinema posted:

We are facing off against each other.

Looks like Martinez was dropped in a last-ditch effort to try and secure the 5th place game (it worked!).

Hopefully it works in my last ditch effort to secure the championship then! :haw:

I think you're the only team in the league that holds the h2h tiebreaker on me so I can't just sit back on my pitching

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Motherfucker, Toddfather hit 35 bombs and stole 13 bases, and you can keep him for a 21st round pick, are you kidding me?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

blarzgh posted:

Motherfucker, Toddfather hit 35 bombs and stole 13 bases, and you can keep him for a 21st round pick, are you kidding me?

Seriously, he'd be crazy not to keep him. His numbers were better than Trout's about halfway through the season. And the Homerun Derby may have had something to do with his 2nd half falloff, happens every year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

And the Homerun Derby may have had something to do with his 2nd half falloff, happens every year.

:lol:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Todd Frazier 2nd half HRs:

2012: 10 in 265 PA
2013: 7 in 308 PA
2014: 10 in 260 PA
2015: 10 in 290 PA

The first half was just a hot start that wasn't sustainable and it actually ended 2 weeks before the all star break.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
His offensive production has trended upwards in basically every catagory since 2011.

No, he's not a 2016 1st round pick; Yes he is an incredible value at ~Pick #210 overall.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

IcePhoenix posted:

Hopefully it works in my last ditch effort to secure the championship then! :haw:

I think you're the only team in the league that holds the h2h tiebreaker on me so I can't just sit back on my pitching

Someone dropped Carrasco a month ago, and I picked him up thinking I was so smart, then he pitched an awful game this week.

Someone also dropped Quintana! I don't understand this league.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Twin Cinema posted:

Someone dropped Carrasco a month ago, and I picked him up thinking I was so smart, then he pitched an awful game this week.

Someone also dropped Quintana! I don't understand this league.

I traded a dumb person Joe Nathan($16) and Chis Taylor($3) for Corrasco($1) and Kuechel($1) before this season.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I wonder how many fantasy championships are going to be badly affected by this hurricane. Hopefully there aren't any rainouts that aren't bothered to be rescheduled due to teams being already eliminated.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I added Wei-Yin Chen thinking he'd start against a hungover Yankees B Squad, but now the hurricane hosed that up :(

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
A pretty poo poo week for essentially all my non-Arrieta, non-Strasburg players in my points league championship turned around today thanks to carlos correa. Thanks big guy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
In the finals I scour matchups and available players and successfully stream:

Chris Young
Drew Smyly
Rich Hill
Jake Odorizzi
Matt Moore

and then my team steps on a Liriano Mine

YOU'VE BEEN THERE THE WHOLE TIME DON'T BLOW THIS FOR ME

This team is in dire straights in the finals. I've cut Braun/Jones/King Felix :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

I added Wei-Yin Chen thinking he'd start against a hungover Yankees B Squad, but now the hurricane hosed that up :(

WILL ONE OF THE 86 PITCHERS YOU STREAMED AGAINST ME HAVE A BAD GAME PLEASE. JUST ONE. Also, gently caress Manny Machado :colbert:

• Locked thread