Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i haven't really played starbound since launch. just gonna keep putting it off until it becomes the ur-game i hoped it would be.

my biggest turnoff with terraria is that they updated it so you can't flood hell anymore. that was my favorite thing. if anyone knows how to mod it back in, hit me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THE PENETRATOR posted:

tip 1: build a big rear end basement to put a lot of chests in
tip 2: dig a shaft to hell

Doctor Goat posted:

the goal of every minecraft-based game on a planet is the same

1) build a stupid rear end wizard tower with a floor for every stupid project you think of
2) put a basement in
3) make the basement have a basement that's just a straight shaft to hell

in minecraft i put ladders in unless i was playing w/ a mod that let me teleport back to my house like the magic mirror in terraria and then i just put like 3 blocks deep of water

Solid thanks guys maybe I'll look up YouTube video

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Can't wait to play the full version of this game 69 years from now (A funny number of years).

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
should have gone for the 420 zinger.... the most epic number

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
did you know that 69 years is 420 months in days... :o_o: :mindblown:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Acquire Currency! posted:

Solid thanks guys maybe I'll look up YouTube video

at the very least look up some basic poo poo like how to build an inhabitable house. the guide npc will literally give you all recipes available for a given component, so don't feel bad looking them up, too.

i mean, play however you want but don't feel bad to play with spoilers. the game is pretty obtuse about certain things.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Gimbal lock posted:

I was asking if that changed any.

Not really, Terraria is cool and good though

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

starbound could be a better terraria but somehow it's not and that's disappointing

tho it has cool music imo..

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Evil Eagle posted:

whoever gave cyra his most recent custom title is more retarded than the guy in the picture.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

ever since the beginning the developers promised you could do every thing you could dream of in-game, including spaceship battles and such. basically, if you asked them if you could do x, they would say yes, or we are def. thinking about it, or sometime soon! and everyone ate it up because... because... hell, i don't know why, but they did.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i havent played this game but i do remember reading a lot of really wacky stuff from the developer guy where he was getting mad at players i think. or is this the wrong crazy developer im thinking of

Dec 26, 2012

Mr. Pumroy posted:

ever since the beginning the developers promised you could do every thing you could dream of in-game, including spaceship battles and such. basically, if you asked them if you could do x, they would say yes, or we are def. thinking about it, or sometime soon! and everyone ate it up because... because... hell, i don't know why, but they did.

it was because they wanted that stuff a whole lot

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

jesus thats a fuckton of starbound avs

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

01011001 posted:

it was because they wanted that stuff a whole lot

hey, i'm no fascist here, i believe in freedom and america, i just think that if some crowdsourcing indie outfit is promising pixelated eve tie fighter starcraft terraria monster hunter people should take a step back before giving them cash money and say this sounds really pie in the sky to me.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i tried terraria but didnt really have much fun with it. just not my jam.

i hope those whose jam it is continue to have fun with it and wish for everyone to enjoy playing games

stay safe gamers

Dec 26, 2012

Mr. Pumroy posted:

hey, i'm no fascist here, i believe in freedom and america, i just think that if some crowdsourcing indie outfit is promising pixelated eve tie fighter starcraft terraria monster hunter people should take a step back before giving them cash money and say this sounds really pie in the sky to me.

i agree but people who really like space games seem to not feel the same way

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm just treading water until stardew valley comes out

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if someone you know irl invites you to play minecraft or terraria or starbound and their house doesn't have a hellevator near it it means they're a terminator or snatcher or something

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Mr. Pumroy posted:

it was before people had properly learned from early access / kickstarter games

i mean lots of people still haven't learned, but back then it was worse

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Did they finally fix the insane balance issues like all flying enemies one shot-ing you if they touched you and 90% of all weapons sucking?

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

DrManiac posted:

Did they finally fix the insane balance issues like all flying enemies one shot-ing you if they touched you and 90% of all weapons sucking?

if you're talking about previous stable release then from what i've seen it might actually be worse than that.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

AHungryRobot posted:

if you're talking about previous stable release then from what i've seen it might actually be worse than that.

吃我的屎你没用的垃圾黑鬼

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
我要推我的阴茎粗了你的喉咙,除了阴茎步枪,当我暨你要去拉屎血液和胃液得满地都是,你哑巴娘

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

it was before people had properly learned from early access / kickstarter games

i mean lots of people still haven't learned, but back then it was worse

i'm just saying that you could have swapped the sb developer's quotes with, say, derek smart promising his desktop simulator would be the future of gaming back in the day and it would have been difficult to see the difference minus the vending machine assault. /me shakes his head slowly and sadly, "why won't humanity learn?"

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

我要推我的阴茎粗了你的喉咙,除了阴茎步枪,当我暨你要去拉屎血液和胃液得满地都是,你哑巴娘

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
in addition to penis rifle,

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

VideoGames posted:

i tried terraria but didnt really have much fun with it. just not my jam.

i hope those whose jam it is continue to have fun with it and wish for everyone to enjoy playing games

stay safe gamers

same, but expressed in a generally more condescending & derogatory fashion

you pathetic sacks of poo poo

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
also what the other guy said

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I found Terraria's controls really weird and clumsy.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

AHungryRobot posted:

in addition to penis rifle,

you say that like its a bad thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

you say that like its a bad thing

on the contrary, i was tickled pink by it.

• Locked thread