Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
read the last thirty-forty pages

thread was really interesting when the former developers were posting. The conversation with stereotypical gamer bro Tiy was the damndest thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

Please cross post your breakdown in this thread once you realize the truth about nms

what video game do people want when they talk about nms, star bound, star citizen, etc

what game do they want that existing space games cannot provide them

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
yeah but firefly does not have aliens and a lot of these games are about procedurally generated aliens, so idgi.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Hm no mark laidlaw? Guess half life's never going to be finished.

Game and it's story has flaws but I liked how it's one of the few games where the aliens were all truly alien and even the friendly ones were ugly and weird, but made sense in the context of their original environment. There isn't really another game I know of where the other races are imaginative and not designed to be immediately accepted by human perspective

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 7, 2016

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
My suggestion is Nevermind that poo poo, here comes Starbound 1.0!
Same thread tag as the pokemon go thread.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Eh they always say that starbound is good

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Terraria is actually going to update tomorrow
It's a small update that's mostly silly poo poo like bunnies with party hats but it also has a gameplay change: you will be able to choose between corruption and crimson on a new world if you have reached hardmode or if you import a hardmode world

Also, they will be having another update soon that will add more features to the underground desert biome.

Basically Terraria is still changing itself a lot with updates and adding new features that actually add to gameplay.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

LordZoric posted:

RPS has Very Bad Opinions about board games so they are allowed to occasionally have bad opinions about indie sandbox games too.

What are these bad opinions.
I care more about Board Games than I do video even though I get to play them less

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

LordZoric posted:

Sup fellow board game lover who never gets to play them.

RPS had several pieces gushing about Talisman, I game that I still occasionally have gaming PTSD over. The board game thread in tradgames discusses their board gaming articles quite often.

Edit: Said PTSD revolves around a two-hour long endgame involving two players slapfighting by moving back and forth to the same location while everyone else had to watch.

Argh, yes, liking Talisman is a very bad opinion for what's supposed to be articles that are supposed to be critical of mechanics over the flash of presentation.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

oddium posted:

if a board game has victory points it's bad. oh except Carcassonne

there's plenty of good board games with victory points. like haven't you at least played dominion.

starbound does not have victory points and it's still bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Babe Magnet posted:

new imgur is so bad

I'm trying to upload all the screenshots and poo poo for the new thread and it's making me wait for 5 minutes because "I'm sharing too quickly"

Imgur seems now geared towards its garbage shithead community than actually letting you host images

• Locked thread