Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koobze
Nov 4, 2000
Is there any mod out yet which lets you build cities/villages where people come live? There used to be one but I don't think it ever got finished.

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

I picked a thorn fruit and learned to craft a thorny needler which appears to be like the needler from halo.

Anyone else find some cool items that way?

I was in a sewer biome and picked up some poop, it gave me a recipe to make StarBound 3 poop, 3 whiskey, 3 years of self-loathing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000

Dandywalken posted:

Wish there was a "Dont pick up bricks/tiles" option, really.

That'd be delightful.

God, this. If it had something like Dungeons of Dredmor where you had a popup and could configure what items you automatically pick up by category (weapons, potions, armor, other junk etc) it'd go a long way towards making the game usable. Just one more item in the long list of items that might be fixed if only the developers actually bothered to play their own game?

And this thread has really swung around in the last page. I was beginning to think the threadshitting was gone for good. Every time someone shits in this thread, and angel gets its wings.

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000

Vib Rib posted:

I really wish there were a way to scale the MM down. Sure, sometimes I'd want 4x4 (or 6x6 as in this mod), but I hate that the game makes me choose between that and 1x1. Sometimes I just want to scale it down, especially for more precise activities like building..
Mining speed, on the other hand, is something you can never get enough of.

Maybe I am crazy but I thought you could do this before, holding shift or control made the MM do one block at a time. Is this no longer the case?

Oh you already said 1x1. Reading is hard.

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000
They should just borrow ideas from other games more, like mass effect or whatever is popular with the kids these days. There are crates everywhere, why can't I push button to take cover? This is how crates should work.

Also my space age nanosuit should automatically heal me over time, or maybe if I push a button, at the cost of energy.

And why can't I sneak attack or backstab enemies?

And parkour. Let me jump and grab on to ledges.

Also I want a portal gun.

Only some of these ideas are serious. Maybe.

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000

Ahundredbux posted:

Starbound needs a binary morality system, if you are paragon you mine core fragments 10% faster

And better (any) conversation options. Give me a conversation mood wheel so when that bitch complains about not having a loving mug and spoon for her coffee I can slam her face into the table.

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000

MrPants posted:

With how long it has taken them to get the game into its current half baked state, it seems so pointless to wait for this thing to become a fully featured dick that I can put in my rear end and mouth.

Any day now

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000

XboxPants posted:

After nearly a week of nothing, they've finally updated the devblog!

Hahaha just kidding, they're actually just trying to pump you for more money. Although the OBEY poster is kinda cool.

17 dollars for a shirt! It's more than I paid for the game.

I bet the shirts aren't done either, and they will mail you 2 inches of thread every couple of months. :smuggo:

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000
I like how after the update there were a lot of anti-shitposters in this thread, and after a month they've all hosed off. Sadly, the quality of shitposting in this thread never recovered. Maybe that was the true goal of the winter update? Make even the haters give up? Job well done, chucklefish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000
Starbound 1.0: First modder to fix the game wins being able to play a good game

• Locked thread